FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

[YOD] Iridium XI 364 for 6 (Cleary 95*, Powell 73, Allen 67, Boeve 61) beat The Avengers 252 for 9 (Baillache 53, Juffermans 4-50, Buttsworth 2-46) by 112 runs

Batsmen racked up 4 half centuries, the best being a 95* from Cleary. Opponent must not have set his lineup or didn't have a default one because all his players (excluding the keeper) had a bowl. That obviously helped in getting me to 364/6 from our 40 overs.

Bolwing was expensive but effective. Got an early wicket before a bit of a partnership slowed us down. Then a flurry of wickets before a tame end where we failed to bowl them out (252/9). Juffermans the best of the bowlers with 4/50.

I keep on doing Iridium's in youth, this is my second in a row :(

Looking at the match ratings, the main reason why I outrated him was because of my tail batting and my fielding so I suppose it's understandable that I could have lost.

I'm guessing you've been playing a few youths in your senior matches so fatigue might also play a part.

Yea, but Lindeman scored a century and he's the most fatigued :p

Another very easy NRR booster win today.
A ten wicket win with Wilson scoring 109* and Brady scoring 50*.
Bowlers did their job well by restricting the opposition to 165, Sorabhjee picked up three wickets.

Another win for me, and I am leading my division by a fair amount. My youth team has been doing quite good for me, and I am really sanguine about me being promoted next season.

Young and Salah have been superb for me this season. Young scores 80 off 65 balls while Salah scores 50 off 50 as we chase down their target of 215 with 7.5 overs to spare and 4 wickets in hand.

One of the most consistent bowling performances though:

Bollinger - 0/41 (8)
Healy - 2/39 (8)
Bol - 2/43 (8)
Yousif - 2/45 (8)
Prasanta - 2/45 (8)

----------

But yeah, Salah 240 runs @ 80, Young 220 runs @ 110, Bleeker next best with 71.

So far Healy has been the best bowler this season with 9 wickets @ 18.22 while Bol has taken 7 wickets @ 21.86, Bollinger 6 wickets @ 23.67 and Prasanta now 6 wickets @ 21.6 (1 less game than everybody else though although been very expensive - 5.27 RPO)

I'm playing my youth team + 2 seniors who won't be playing my pavilion cup match this weekend in my SOD match tomorrow. Probably not the best idea. But oh well :D

Users who are viewing this thread