FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

It'll be senior game, none of that youth nonsense :p. I'll try match your match rating as best I can. I'll see what rating I get with this game against Haarithan.

----------

Speaking of that match, Haariuthan doing well. I'm currently 126/4 after 28 overs. Need a good partnership or I'll probably Iridium like I predicted.

I'll try match your match rating as best I can.

Try to have a rating about 10,000 higher than mine. Cause I've beaten AP and Aussie when they've had ratings higher than mine. My managerial skills is probably why I beat them so try making sure your rating is high enough so that you're still likely to win. But then again, I just sold Watkin which was pretty much my bowling attack :p

But I still have players like O'Leary, Pettinger, Murch and Phillips who can do really well and half my youth players are gun so one or two of them are bound to perform.

----------

So you going to send the challenge? :p

Try to have a rating about 10,000 higher than mine. Cause I've beaten AP and Aussie when they've had ratings higher than mine. My managerial skills is probably why I beat them so try making sure your rating is high enough so that you're still likely to win. But then again, I just sold Watkin which was pretty much my bowling attack :p

But I still have players like O'Leary, Pettinger, Murch and Phillips who can do really well and half my youth players are gun so one or two of them are bound to perform.

----------

Someone's modest

----------

Ok I'll go all out then :p

Yep, sending it through now. I'll make the pitch and weather random/random.

----------

From your last OD friendly with AP, seems as though I'll be aiming for a 146k match rating.

Probably i messed up in setting the bowling attack. Powers didn't bowled his full quota of overs. I tried to get youth bowler's overs from 20th to 40th over, you struck a partnership then and thats what caused me to loose the match :facepalm
Had powers bowled earlier, you would have bowled out for below 150

Thus Its a managerial mistake as you said. But i wont be repeating it in future.:spy

----------

I outrated hedger by just 4k and that was beacause of seam bowling and fielding. His Openers were on par with mine and Middle order and Tail batting was better, as well as spin bowling. So Powers not bowling his full overs nullified whatever advantage i had. Thus we got such a close match :p

Someone's modest

haha, I was meant to have a ;) or :p following that ;)

@ Iridium, just remember that I just sold my best bowler, Watkin so maybe just go for AP's match rating since he nearly won anyway :p

----------

Well my bowling attack is probably going to be Phillips, Bollinger, Healy/Bol, Whiteman and Moxly. Think I'll go for the medium pacer.

Well I'm playing a weakened side against Haarithan so I'll see what the rating is and make changes, maybe add another youth player.

----------

A 137-run partnership between Campbell and Colgan eventually led us to 286/6. Let's see the bowlers back it up.

Losing atm to Iri , had a 3rd wicket partnership crossing fifty , only to have it broken the very next over . And as we all know , one begets two , so a fourth wicket followed soon after . The run rate isn't helping either . :(

End of over 20 (1 run) - Liverpool Lightnings(87-4). 200 runs required from 30 overs. RR 4.35 RRR 6.67
W. Wambugu 0 (2b) , A. Samoei 24 (48b) , V. Pattipeilohy 5-0-19-1

Seems like I'll have to take out more senior players against Hedger. Match rating of 151,941.

Got wasted in my match :( Scored 214 batting first on a windy/dry and they got home with over 10 overs to spare and 6 wickets in hand.

New highest match rating though. Only 5.5k behind theirs

[SOD] Iridium XI 465 for 5 (Khan 124*, Colgan 110, Khozo 105, Weerasiri 81) beat Bourgeoisie 69 (Taylor 19, Elloit 3-10, van Zandt 2-16, van Dalen 2-16) by 396 runs
Scorecard

Massive win. Three centuries and a fifty took us way past 400 and the bowlers easily dealt with the opposition. Still on top of the SOD table but this win will give my NRR a boost just case I do cock up in the last few games.

You could probably have wasted them by a near similar margin if you had just played your youth squad :p

A great day for me against the last place side :p As well as winning the One Day 1 with Netherlands.

Batted first and hammered 503/4 :p That's the highest club score.

Murch scored 143 off 88, Pettinger scored 82 off 69, Crane scored 115 off 64 which pleased me, O'Leary hammered 121 off 66 and Mol hit 29* off 13.

Bowling, Bollinger took a hattrick and finished with 4/11 :D And Bol took 3/18, Harms 1/17 and Phillips 2/15

3.3 W Bollinger to McMillan : McMillan played down the wrong line to a ball angled into him. A sniff of swing as well and a raucous appeal as it hit him on the front foot. It was in line and hitting leg.
S. McMillan lbw b. F. Bollinger 2 (6b 0x4 0x6) SR:33.33
3.4 W Bollinger to Scott : Gone! Oh, too cute from Scott. He walks across his stumps, trying to paddle the ball to fine leg, but instead misses completely and leg stump goes cartwheeling!
H. Scott b. F. Bollinger 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
3.5 W Bollinger to Sutherland : [catch] A hint of swing, a hint of an edge, a hint to the umpire and a hint of an index finger.
K. Sutherland c M. Oldroyd b. F. Bollinger 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

A hattrick for Bollinger!

Wow just beat a team 10k higher than me at 147k vs my 136k. Ripped through him cleaning him out for 152 and chased it down in 34 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread