FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Going pretty well in my SOD match against my nearest relegation rival , Aston CC. Should I win , I slip out of the relegation zone , equal on points but ahead on NRR to Aston. However , I just realized that my last three games were against the top 3 sides of my division , who boast ratings of 147k,127k and 121k respectively. Tragic to say the least , unless I come up with something special in the transfer market to improve upon my present rating of 112k. Aston CC on the other hand will be playing the 4th,5th and the 8th placed sides in their last three rounds . Talk about bad luck! :(

Last edited:
Most Important SOD match of this season underway right now. Both me an my opposition are tied on 36 points after 11 games. Before this game i was on top because of a better NRR.(Fractionally better,just 0.0078 more) :p
This is the last match between us. So whoever wins would definitely top the division as other teams are crap. I lost the only match this season to Silent Killers who had a stronger team than me(near 173K), then he went postal on his seniors. Sold most of them thus his team was now 120K and my opponent easily defeated him:facepalm
They have scored 175 on a slow wicket. Should be an easy chase as I'm playing my best XI for this game

Decent start. 50/1 after 11 overs. Kris is looking solid while Christopher blasted his way to 30(36b). This showed how desperately he wanna open the innings.
Dec and Kris should play through the middle overs to get us into a more comfortable position

They are now accelerating.. 107/1 in 21 overs. Kris is on 45*(65b) and Dec is on 23*(24b). He just belted two consecutive 4s. Shame one was leg bye :p

Now we need just 70 of 39 overs. Should be a easy win unless my player choke like Saffers :p

Won our match easily as predicted by 145 runs. Gala took a fivefa with four of them coming in the last over of the match , disappointed to see him miss out on a hattrick. :p

Liverpool Lightnings won by 145 runs

End of over 36 (2 runs) - aston cricket club(153-10). 146 runs required from 14 overs. RR 4.25 RRR 10.43
K. Sleiman 6 (13b) , A. Gala 7.5-1-43-5

That is 5 wickets for Gala!
35.5 W Gala to Gallagher : [catch] Charges down the track and sends this one high up into the sky. Tirumalai settles under it at long on and takes a comfortable catch.
R. Gallagher c A. Tirumalai b. A. Gala 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
35.4 W Gala to Gokaraju : Missing off, missing leg, plumb as they get.
A. Gokaraju lbw b. A. Gala 2 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:100.00

35.3 2 Gala to Gokaraju : Punched through the off side for 2.
35.2 W Gala to Smith : [catch] Smith done in by a full toss! He plays it early and lobs back the ball to Gala who accepts it gleefully.
G. Smith c & b. A. Gala 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
35.1 W Gala to Nyasango : That's plumb! Nyasango is checking the edge of his bat as if to indicate that he got something on it, but the replays show he was nowhere near it. Off you go son!
M. Nyasango lbw b. A. Gala 18 (34b 2x4 0x6) SR:52.94

Match rating reads only a 107k which is wayyy below the teams I'll be playing in the weeks to come. Will wait for the gate takings in my senior t20 match before I head to the market.

140/1. Just 36 more runs required from 19 overs. :cheers

171/3. Two qucik wickets. Both Decand Kris are gone but i guess it is too little too late. Need 6 runs of 10 overs

Quartermass yet again made a 141, he's really performing good, second consecutive century.
Also a massive win of 255 runs after posting 421 on board.

I was looking around the transfer market for some cheap 16year olds since it's EOS. Have a few bids on but they all finish during my night time :( One guy sold for 6k and I had put 3k on him :( (He was ord/ord and either fielding or keeping ord as well and had the finisher talent)

Really, I only look for average/average players this late in the season. I'm not paying for any new players at this stage. I've got 5 16 yo's anyway, all of which are decent.

Reasonable/Average bat, average endurance, ord power/fielding, poor exp
Average/Average bat, ord endurance/fielding, prodigy talent
Average/Poor LF bowler, reasonable power, average fielding, ord endurance, poor exp
Average/Ordinary bat, reasonable endurance, poor fielding (Probably my worst transfer)
Average/Average RFM bowler, ord fielding, poor endurance.

I only have 1 half decent 16 year old and 2 half decent 17 year olds so I'm in desperate need of some youth. Ord/Ord players are very very cheap at this stage of the season so I'm just like why not.

I've got a few decent youths I might offload. I'll reveal their stats if you want to have a look.

What the heck just happened. I just lost 6 wickets in 5 overs against Hedger. 172/3 to 190/9. Damn.

----------

Without Khozo's century it could have been so much worse.

Flingging hell. Shitty start to my match vs Indian Warriors. 23/4 after 5 overs. I'm gonna do a Iridium i guess :facepalm

There you go Chewie, you spot at the top is confirmed :mad

Users who are viewing this thread