FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Just had a look at my senior and youth squads. Interestingly, I noticed all of my youth brigades could well hold a bat (worst batting skill being 'poor') while I had 2 of my star bowlers in the senior squad (#10,#11 batsmen) with 'dreadful' batting. Their ages are 24 (expert, accomplished in bowling) & 20 (reliable,accomplished in bowling) respectively. Should I be looking to training them for a batting pop so that my entire XI can hold their bats? Or is training that 24yo on batting useless for his age?

Last edited:
No point training batting on your bowlers really. My youth tail batsmen rate a decent amount more than my senior tail batsmen lol

Welcome to FTP and PlanetCricket as well. A great game and if you need any help, feel free to ask.

And I just won my youth match. Pretty dominant performance. Restricted them to 191/7 from their 40 overs, Bollinger and Healy both taking 2/36 while Bol kept it tight with 0/19 but Yousif and Prasanta were pretty average with 1/43 and 1/50 off their 8 overs respectively. Bleeker was the star with the bat as we hit the runs in 34.5 overs with 7 wickets in hand, Bleeker scoring 90* off 103 while Mol hit 23 (23), Young got out a couple of balls later after hitting a boundary but Omara did well with 51 off 74 before he got out and Crane finished things off with 12* off 9.

And we have the biggest match of the league next week with the two undefeated teams, myself and Bangla Desh facing off, and it should be a close match. He rated 98,091 in todays match while I rated 103,232 in todays match so I'll be the slight favourites for that huge clash.

113 run win in my youth match. Batted well and bowlers did well to hold them back. Up to second in my youth league.

Saurashtra Lions won by 53 runs

Sau Lions : 294/7 (Rohila 92, Saryu 56, Pushkala 44*, Shalabh 31)
winners11 : 241/6 (Shalabh 33-3)

No.1 Team at 3rd position in League...

Liverpool Lightnings 395-3 (40 overs) beat vivazim 94/10 (27.3 overs) by 301 runs.

Wambugu got to his third YOD ton off the 6 matches he's played. Made 141 off 101 balls, well assisted by captain Graham Steele 30(16) early on and Trevor Sawu 87(67) later. Once he fell, Forsyth Kuhn and Kenneth Hair took a toll on their bowling attack putting on 110 runs off 50 balls for the fourth wicket. Onto our bowling and Pomersbach was at his very best in his 4/21 (8). Dada Khoury chipped in with 3/21 off his 5.5 overs while Gerard Silva finished with figures of 2/21 from his 6 overs.

Match ratings:

Liverpool Lightnings 64,707
vivazim 33,902 :facepalm

I'm sorry Chewie but atm, Tim Lindeman is not going to be in the Netherlands U19 squad. How far is he off a batting pop though?

I don't really care, seeing as if I don't have him I have no hope of promoting :p I'm actually getting his fielding to reasonable at the moment, but he is pretty close to a batting and fielding pop.

haha, that's one way that I looked at it as I was thinking, I'm likely going to be missing 3-4 players every tour week so I would probably have to give up my youth games in those weeks.

And yeah, I know he is on fielding and close to a fielding pop but I'm just wondering where his batting is. I have thrown his name into the mix but atm, he is a bit behind all-round.

Yea I understand that. Hopefully he pops soon :)

Well Chewie, after some extensive discussion, we have finally decided on our final squad and Tim Lindeman has made the cut ;)

Users who are viewing this thread