FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Yeah, easy victory for me. Ruben Mol finally found some form with 59 while Murch hammered a career best 140* off 66 balls, Pettinger made 35 off 19 and O'Leary delivered a late blow with 18* off 7 deliveries as we made 255/2 before Whiteman took 5/10 from his 4 overs while Healy took 2/14 as we bowled them out for 113,

Beat the guy who's ranked something like 9th in SOD rankings :)

How do you guys actually go about training 'power'? I mean what should be the level of power when a player hits the senior squad? Is it significant enough for youth players? I seem to have a lot of 17/18 yos with dreadful power, so felt it was about time to clear my doubt on this one.

I think you don't bother with training power in youths until they are older. Or something like that.

Yea I don't bother training power until they're older.

Yeah, I guess around ordinary at 21 and then focus more on power between 23 and 26.

And a decent win on a sticky pitch. We only made 219 all out which was not great, with thanks to Omara who scored 66 (67) while Mol and Young both scored 37 and Bleeker made 28.

The bowling was strong though as we bowled them out for 140, Bol and Harms leading the way with 3/29 (8) and 3/11 (4.5) respectively while Yousif bowled a very important spell taking 2/37 from his 8 overs while Bollinger took 1/27 off 8 and Healy was the only bowler to go wicketless with 0/23 off 5.

And Chewie, I beat the guy who was ranked 11th in the Senior One Day rankings :p Even if it was in a youth match...

Decent chase by my team. We gave away too many runs.

Sigh, got owned by an 81k rated opposition in my YOD. And that's the thid successive time where Pomersbach has conceded runs at 8 an over while managing a maximum of only 1 wicket. That is what affection towards your best players can do! Really should have sold him immediately after last season's pull. :spy

Last edited:
A thrashing in my OD match :p Omara hit 84, Moxly scored 67* (40), Murch made 57, Pettinger, O'Leary and Oldroyd all scored 30+ and Bollinger hit a cameo of 37* off 17 balls at the end as we made 389/7. Bollinger then took 4/39 while Moxly took 3/32 as we bowled them out for 150.

I wasnt managing fatigue this season as i was busy. Now all of my star players are listless or weary. Now i have to loose a few games in order to win the rest of the games. :facepalm

Well well well, I think I should get pavilion membership now because I have to add this legend named Glenn O'Keeffe to my hall of fame.

He is just awesome and mindblowing, dominating any kind of attack he plays and he has struck four back to back 150+'s (okay one was 148:p)
In 4 matches he has played as awesomely as ever and has scores of
and every innings was at a strike rate of 120+. In all matches we reached a impeccable total.

Today's match has been the same, a high score of 369 and the opposition is having a hard time chasing it thanks to Coleman's triple strike.

----------

as I type this, Coleman gets his 5-fer, first for us this season.

OMG :eek: this match has got to be one of the best match I've seen my team participating in.

John Coleman gets a 9-fer, man this is awesome.

You gotta look at this scorecard

Users who are viewing this thread