FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Sweet. Got accepted in a thursday league. Its a 10 player league which will carry on till April. Only 2 teams are stronger than my team. So i can manage a decent spot in the league. It would be nice for experience of players and some extra earning for the club :thumbs

Damn.

38.4 W Cullen to O'Leary : O'Leary succumbs! Good ball from Cullen, with a hint of inward movement from off stump towards middle and leg. O'Leary tries to flick it away with no footwork, but misses and is caught plumb in front. Only has himself to blame there.
A. O'Leary lbw b. D. Cullen 99 (103b 10x4 0x6) SR:96.12

Good 50 for Whiteman though down the order to get us to 272 all out.

48.1 W Mathis to Whiteman : [catch] Looping flight from Mathis, but Whiteman reads it early, dances down the track to get to the pitch. His attempt to slam it straight back over the bowler's head only results in a simple catch for long on.
A. Whiteman c N. Burns b. S. Mathis 50 (61b 5x4 0x6) SR:81.97

Too easy with the ball though

End of over 33 (maiden) - 11 Dark Men In The Bushes(133-10). 140 runs required from 17 overs. RR 4.03 RRR 8.24
J. Veelers 4 (11b) , A. Yousif 8.4-1-16-4

Bollinger 0/19 (4)
Baldry 1/38 (7)
Whiteman 3/26 (7)
Tindall 2/29 (6)
Yousif 4/16 (8.4)

Well I finally went and got my self a team. Haven't played before so I am learning the ropes but it is a well thought out game this and a lot of fun. I think I might even be in the process of winning my first game! Youth team are currently 123/0 of 17 overs chasing 234. Go boys!

I am sure you have all seen these a million times already but it did make me chuckle:

Ali to Bruyns : And our cameraman has just focused in on that gorgeous lady in the crowd with the most revealing top. I'll have two of those! Uhh, the beers she's got in her hands I mean! Umm.. Dot ball as Bruyns leaves it.

currently 191/0 with Bruyns making a 63 ball century!

Great to see you here Dutchad, good luck. :)

As for my boys, four weeks back, we were fifth in our youth division. But ever since I started dishing out crumbling surfaces to my opposition, it's worked wonders for me and I've raced my way to second place with three wins on the trot, with two of the three coming against the Top 3 sides. And today's game against the table toppers has gone pretty well at this stage, with just 38 required to win off the last 11 overs with seven wickets in hand.

Wambugu you little legend! Definitely the younger version of Sachin Tendulkar! He's been incredible for me since I signed him as a 17yo.

From the Pavilion - Free Online Cricket Management Game

----------

What is going on now! :noway

35.1 W Argal to Steele : A bit of an argument in the commentary box about whether that was the slider or the zooter, but it's all academic as it hit Steele on the back leg below the knee-roll.
G. Steele lbw b. A. Argal 7 (9b 0x4 0x6) SR:77.78
T. Chimusasa, L. Hunter are tired.

End of over 35 (3 runs) - Liverpool Lightnings(182-6). 7 runs required from 5 overs. RR 5.20 RRR 1.40
D. Khoury 2 (3b) , G. Steele 7 (8b) , P. Huizenga 6-0-20-3
34.6 2 Huizenga to Khoury : Khoury's waited well on it and has unleashed a beautiful late cut, beating Smith at backward point and picking up 2 vital runs.
34.5 . Huizenga to Khoury : Whoosh! Khoury wafts outside off-stump and fails to connect. No runs.
34.4 . Huizenga to Khoury : Lovely flight and drift there from Huizenga, spinning past the bat.
34.3 W Huizenga to Pomersbach : [catch] Nicked and gone. Goodbye Pomersbach, well done Sukhani.
W. Pomersbach c C. Sukhani b. P. Huizenga 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
34.2 W Huizenga to Wambugu : Good length delivery pitched on the off stump and going straight on. Wambugu looks to work through the on side, misses the line and it strikes him on the pad in line with the stumps.
W. Wambugu lbw b. P. Huizenga 65 (100b 2x4 1x6) SR:65.00

Still 7 to win with only 3 wickets in hand. :(

----------

This's really getting frustrating now. They put on 5 runs for the eighth wicket before facing 9 dots and then getting out. 2 to win with 2 wickets in hand

End of over 38 (maiden) - Liverpool Lightnings(187-8). 2 runs required from 2 overs. RR 4.92 RRR 1.00
J. Clarke 0 (0b) , Q. Murat 4 (10b) , A. Argal 7-1-26-4
37.6 W Argal to Khoury : [Doosra] Doosra bowled there by Argal and it has completely decieved Khoury. Sukhani whips the bails off and Argal does a little jig.
D. Khoury st C. Sukhani b. A. Argal 3 (10b 0x4 0x6) SR:30.00
37.5 . Argal to Khoury : A good length ball angled into Khoury's off stump, who leans forward and drives with a straight bat towards the bowler. Argal picks up on his follow through.
37.4 . Argal to Khoury : Lovely cover drive but its straight to the fielder and no run is scored.
37.3 . Argal to Khoury : Argal really gave that one a mighty rip, the prodigious turn and bounce making Khoury look foolish as he missed it completely. Luckily for him it missed the stumps too.
37.2 . Argal to Khoury : The batsman throws everything at that one but fails to connect.
37.1 . Argal to Khoury : Great shot, straight to the fielder. Either side and that was going to smash into the advertising boards.
End of over 37 (2 runs) - Liverpool Lightnings(187-7). 2 runs required from 3 overs. RR 5.05 RRR 0.67
Q. Murat 4 (10b) , D. Khoury 3 (4b) , P. Huizenga 7-0-22-3
36.6 . Huizenga to Murat : Good length delivery on the off. Murat comes on to the front foot and defends it. No run.
36.5 . Huizenga to Murat : Beauty of a ball! Drifted in from just outside off stump to the line of middle stump on a full length. Big turn makes the ball miss the outside edge and offstump. Huizenga has his hands on his head, what more can he do?
36.4 . Huizenga to Murat : That clipped the top of the pad on it's way to the keeper. A half hearted appeal is turned down by the umpire.
36.3 . Huizenga to Murat : Looped up and blocked well by Murat. Huizenga needs to be a bit more inventive than that I think.

----------

Yay!

38.2 1 Huizenga to Clarke : Wristy from Clarke, 1 run into the leg side.
38.1 1 Huizenga to Murat : Murat clips that off his legs for 1. He is tidy in that area.

Liverpool Lightnings won by 2 wickets

Remarkable comeback from Yankees against a team which is rated 30K more. They were in a spot of bother at 119/4 after 28 overs. Then Experienced Alam Abdel and Youngster Arther Weir struck a partnership of 185 runs. Yankees finished with a very defendable total of 309 after 50 overs.

Alam Abdel: 135(115)
Arthur Weir: 71*(54)

Opponent is at 100/2 after 17 overs. Need some quick wickets to score an upset here.

----------

From the Pavilion - Free Online Cricket Management Game

Just what the doctor ordered. :cheers
18.2 W McKell to Narayan : Trapped on the crease to a full, inswinging delivery, Narayan looks down at his feet as if he knows his fate.
M. Narayan lbw b. J. McKell 49 (51b 3x4 2x6) SR:96.08
3rd wicket is down. A couple more to go

Too many to count :p

And hey dutchad, haven't seen you around in a while. Didn't realise you played FTP ;)

Hi mate. Yeah just started. I had looked at a few times and was vaguely interested but have now got myself a team and looking forward to the next match tomorrow. Won my first game but I guess it could have been against on of the bot teams as we won it fairly easily or is that not neccessarily the case? How long does it take for training to start to show through?

Hi mate. Yeah just started. I had looked at a few times and was vaguely interested but have now got myself a team and looking forward to the next match tomorrow. Won my first game but I guess it could have been against on of the bot teams as we won it fairly easily or is that not neccessarily the case? How long does it take for training to start to show through?

Since you just started it must be a bot. But you could check who are the bots and human teams on your opponent team page. You might want to keep an eye on their match ratings by checking their last matches. That will give you a fair indication to where your team stand with them.

Regarding training about one or two weeks depending on your academy level I guess.

Regarding training about one or two weeks depending on your academy level I guess.

Training primaries (batting/batting technique/bowling/bowling technique/keeper batsman) takes 8-9 weeks at the least.
Fielding takes 3-4 weeks.
Endurance and other secondaries takes 2-3 weeks.

I meant about how long it take to show improvements in team after you just start playing. Should have scrapped that academy part.:p

Thanks anyway, I didn't know about that. But isn't it depend on your academy level too?

Users who are viewing this thread