FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Never really expected this one coming especially given my couple of youth pulls for the week were ████ and also that I didn't involve in any transfer activities at the youth level . Yes , we're off to a flier here though having lost a couple of quick wickets in the space of just 6 deliveries after the dreaded drinks break .

End of over 22 (3 runs) - Liverpool Lightnings(140-3) RR 6.36
C. McCann 74 (62b) , H. Docker 1 (2b) , P. Ridge 7-1-34-1

Last edited:
What a collapse ! Wasted 11 deliveries just like that . :(

End of over 39 (maiden) - Liverpool Lightnings(233-10) RR 5.97
H. Ledger 2 (1b) , J. Gilbert 7.1-0-50-3

What's a par score at youth level on a flat wicket boasting overcast conditions ?

Last edited:
Well, I just scored 300 on an uneven pitch, so you should consider 300+ as a formidable total on a flat pitch.

Well, I just scored 300 on an uneven pitch, so you should consider 300+ as a formidable total on a flat pitch.

Yea , pretty much expected . Got owned by my opponent today , time to plunge into the transfer market to improve my youth squad .

Buy only 16 yr olds who you might think would become a star one day. Don't bid on others, especially 19 yr olds.

Buy only 16 yr olds who you might think would become a star one day. Don't bid on others, especially 19 yr olds.

Yeah , 17 is the maximum age I'm thinking of buying . Anyways , I have time until next Wednesday so i guess I ll wait to learn everyone's suggestion on this part . This is what our Forum's 'tips' link says

For youth squad
This is the minimum I would recommend:
16yo - Batting/Bowling: Average
Technique: Ordinary
Endurance: Poor
Ideally you want Power and Fielding to be ordinary as well but these are harder to find. This sort of player should cost you no more than 5k.

http://www.planetcricket.org/games/ftp/tips.php

Tbh I'm just not getting anyone below 15k following that . Initially that for-sale player costs $0 but then the bids seem to increase rapidly and by the time of deadline , he seems to have hit a minimum of 15k .Maybe the market's demand varies month by month ?

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy any youth players at all. When you're starting out all your revenue will come from your senior side.

I should be able to get my highest match rating in tomorrow's SOD match. I have only one player with fitness below rested so I should get around 175-180 I think :D Don't think I'll win though as my opposition normally rates 187ish, so unless he rests some players (seeing as I'm second to bottom in the league) I have no chance.

I should be able to get my highest match rating in tomorrow's SOD match. I have only one player with fitness below rested so I should get around 175-180 I think :D Don't think I'll win though as my opposition normally rates 187ish, so unless he rests some players (seeing as I'm second to bottom in the league) I have no chance.

Don't think I'm going to win.

He scored 255 from his overs, with Tindall taking a 5 wicket haul.

I'm currently 167/4 after 35 overs, needing 89 runs from 15 overs. Don't have any batsmen left apart from Cawse who is an all-rounder.

Well I'm on track for another win in my match. Currently 211/2 chasing 243 to win. Campbell just got out for 108 but a 145-run partnership for the third wicket with Weerasiri has set up nicely.

Wooooooooooo

Won by 3 wickets. Really happy.

I've realised why you rate so close to me Iridium. It's cos your tail can actually bat, whereas mine are atrocious or dreadful bats.

End of over 21 (10 runs) - Indian Warriors(80-5) RR 3.81
J. Rock 35 (46b) , H. Mboya 25 (43b) , A. Banker 1-0-10-0

not going good by any means, Was once reeling at 29-5. Sort of a recovery there.

Users who are viewing this thread