Game Screens

hey legend_master

Pieterson is looking more like Younis Khan of Pakistan in that pic in which he wears a helmet.....

Try Working on his hairstyle & try to apply his unique "FOX-Tail" hairstyle which was a dash of blond colour with Black & try to make his physique as a bit more athletic as Pieterson in Real Life is around 6 ft 5 inches in height with a broad structure.

i am sure by adding his unique hairstyle & a touch on his physique will give him a more distinguished feel in the game overall...

Cheers,

-=Maverick_12210=-

Good point :D

Another thing I noticed is that the upper body is not totally connected to the legs which is slightly unrealistic.

May I have some clarification on the blockyness issue by someone cos the bat handle is like a cuboid and the arms look blocky too...(not that I cud anything, anywhere near as good, just an observation.)

In reality it isnt a really big issue but it is an issue nonetheless

On a plus point the wickets look very nice and the actual kits look very real with just the two gripes and that is that the england three lions logo is slightly too high and the back arm of the kit intrudes on the actual arm unrealistically.

And the final mishap is that the pitch looks too grassy for an international or county pitch they have ridiculously short grass that you cant even see and it looks practically flat. But I would love that as a special feature, with hugely eratic bounce and movement and spin

Attachments

• TCP.jpg
    TCP.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
maverick_12210 said:
hey legend_master

Pieterson is looking more like Younis Khan of Pakistan in that pic in which he wears a helmet.....

Try Working on his hairstyle & try to apply his unique "FOX-Tail" hairstyle which was a dash of blond colour with Black & try to make his physique as a bit more athletic as Pieterson in Real Life is around 6 ft 5 inches in height with a broad structure.

i am sure by adding his unique hairstyle & a touch on his physique will give him a more distinguished feel in the game overall...

Cheers,

-=Maverick_12210=-

Um, you mustn't be aware KP has a new hairstyle now - it's totally shaved like a Marine - check out some of his latest photos - plenty on cricinfo. Secondly, i haven't implemented different sizes and builds yet, so of course later he will be tall and more stocky.

manee said:
Good point :D

Another thing I noticed is that the upper body is not totally connected to the legs which is slightly unrealistic.

May I have some clarification on the blockyness issue by someone cos the bat handle is like a cuboid and the arms look blocky too...(not that I cud anything, anywhere near as good, just an observation.)

In reality it isnt a really big issue but it is an issue nonetheless

On a plus point the wickets look very nice and the actual kits look very real with just the two gripes and that is that the england three lions logo is slightly too high and the back arm of the kit intrudes on the actual arm unrealistically.

And the final mishap is that the pitch looks too grassy for an international or county pitch they have ridiculously short grass that you cant even see and it looks practically flat. But I would love that as a special feature, with hugely eratic bounce and movement and spin

Manee, your post is pretty ridiculous, man...not being rude, but really, please read over what you wrote and maybe you'll realise...

here's my reasons why i say this:

i) I could make a model that is tens of thousands of polygons and really complex and perfectly detailed etc. but that is not practical for games, because you always have to reduce detail for performance reasons. You must also remember that i am effectively a one man team (aside from some excellent 2d artists on these forums) who's focus for this game was on gameplay, game detail and realistic physics etc. - i never said the graphics would be as great as EA and co. AS it turns out though, i personally am very happy with how the graphics have turned out...if you can make something better for me, please please please do and submit it - i would love to have the best models possible...but also remember you have to animate them and check that they deform properly when animated too, that's very difficult to do, because even if teh model looks great, when you animate it the deformations really can screw things up...

ii) During the game, how many times are you going to be looking that close at the models?? Is it really that important that the bat handle is perfectly rounded? I mean, seriously, what's more important here?? Gameplay or the roundedness of the handle? It is 'blocky' because i need to save polygons (performance reasons) - if you have ever modelled 3d you would know that perfectly rounded objects take significantly more polygons - for example, right now the bat handle may be 20 polygons, if rounded/smoothed would be more like 180. Doesn't sound like much but when you apply this to every feature of the model, you get some full on poly increase

iii) regarding the logos on the kits, you are welcome to make one which is better, please do submit it....

iv) regarding the pitch, do you think i dont know that? C'mon, think about it. There wont just be one pitch type in the game. The pitches are easy to change, really easy. I just haven't done them yet as there are more important things to do right now. The pitches WILL get done later and there will be many differnet types that will depend on the country and weather etc

look, i dont mind constructive criticism, in fact i want to welcome it, cos it is through the criticism that the game can get better and better, but to nitpick tiny little things like this - at this stage of development - is pretty silly...

I've said it before and i'll say it again...you can have the best graphics in the world, but the game is worth nothing if the gameplay sux. My point being, graphics are important, dont get me wrong, but gameplay is the overriding factor. TCP will have good graphics, of course, but it's not going to be it's strongest area.

LM

Now that its called Game Screenz,LM do you want to me to put up the Yasir Hameed pics that you sent me earlier.

legend_master said:
Um, you mustn't be aware KP has a new hairstyle now - it's totally shaved like a Marine - check out some of his latest photos - plenty on cricinfo. Secondly, i haven't implemented different sizes and builds yet, so of course later he will be tall and more stocky.

Manee, your post is pretty ridiculous, man...not being rude, but really, please read over what you wrote and maybe you'll realise...

here's my reasons why i say this:

i) I could make a model that is tens of thousands of polygons and really complex and perfectly detailed etc. but that is not practical for games, because you always have to reduce detail for performance reasons. You must also remember that i am effectively a one man team (aside from some excellent 2d artists on these forums) who's focus for this game was on gameplay, game detail and realistic physics etc. - i never said the graphics would be as great as EA and co. AS it turns out though, i personally am very happy with how the graphics have turned out...if you can make something better for me, please please please do and submit it - i would love to have the best models possible...but also remember you have to animate them and check that they deform properly when animated too, that's very difficult to do, because even if teh model looks great, when you animate it the deformations really can screw things up...

ii) During the game, how many times are you going to be looking that close at the models?? Is it really that important that the bat handle is perfectly rounded? I mean, seriously, what's more important here?? Gameplay or the roundedness of the handle? It is 'blocky' because i need to save polygons (performance reasons) - if you have ever modelled 3d you would know that perfectly rounded objects take significantly more polygons - for example, right now the bat handle may be 20 polygons, if rounded/smoothed would be more like 180. Doesn't sound like much but when you apply this to every feature of the model, you get some full on poly increase

iii) regarding the logos on the kits, you are welcome to make one which is better, please do submit it....

iv) regarding the pitch, do you think i dont know that? C'mon, think about it. There wont just be one pitch type in the game. The pitches are easy to change, really easy. I just haven't done them yet as there are more important things to do right now. The pitches WILL get done later and there will be many differnet types that will depend on the country and weather etc

look, i dont mind constructive criticism, in fact i want to welcome it, cos it is through the criticism that the game can get better and better, but to nitpick tiny little things like this - at this stage of development - is pretty silly...

I've said it before and i'll say it again...you can have the best graphics in the world, but the game is worth nothing if the gameplay sux. My point being, graphics are important, dont get me wrong, but gameplay is the overriding factor. TCP will have good graphics, of course, but it's not going to be it's strongest area.

LM

I agree, I was silly in saying that...sometimes I don't think b4 posting...I'm not a fuss pot over graphics (thats why I like Brian Lara 2005 :D) but I just thought some other ppl are,

You should probably add your last post to the FAQ area or somewhere ppl can see it cos foolish n00bs (like me) will post stuff like that.

Sorry for offending your hard work :eek:

Manee :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:
legend_master said:

LM

but legend_master Pieterson though with his new hairstyle looks like a marine but he does not have a moustache, he has a round face with the marine hairstyle...try putting that in the Pieterson Player Model & i am sure it'll look great...any which ways..the graphics are secondary factors to me coz it's the gameplay which matters a lot...If u look at the Previous releases by EA -Cricket 2004 & Cricket 2002, the graphics & player models were pathetic....but u are doing a great job despite not having the big budget resources.....Kudos to you on that....i am with you....

cheers,
-=Maverick_12210=-

EA games don't have big budgets, they make them for the biggest profits, which means gameplay goes out the window, hopefully TCP will show them that cricket lovers want a game that focuses on the importantness of gameplay.

And manne, I did that neg rep for you :)

on the bat thing it looks great nice and meaty, perhaps option to have double gripped bats etc? also i think the bat handle is a tad too long..

langerrox said:
on the bat thing it looks great nice and meaty, perhaps option to have double gripped bats etc? also i think the bat handle is a tad too long..

Only a tad, but it is noticable...

whitehornmatt said:
And manne, I did that neg rep for you :)

"Disgracful post"?! thats mean :crying :mad: :mad.

lol, no hard feelings, anyone. Just remember im not going to tidy up tiny things like that until much later. I have spent a lot of time fixing up little things and still bowling is not even complete :eek:

So, KP's 'moustache' and the bat handle are going to have to wait ;)

PS: Manee, no need to have been negative rep'd...

wildwil here is your avatar

Users who are viewing this thread