Game Screens

still stadiums will take ages and the crowds are key, however what a great game this is shaping up its getting to the point were there is no point in me giving you reps because this game is worth millions time more than that :) GREAT WORK :D

excellent work paul .. really deserve all the plaudits!! this game is shaping up to be the best cricket game ever :) .. i jus have one question.. how many stadiums will be in the game?

whitehornmatt said:
Is there any reason that there aren't any on-screen graphics in these?

Other than that, these are brilliant and I can't wait to see them in action.

Also, those screenshots are now on the TAOC.net gallery

What do you mean by 'On-screen graphics'? If you mean like overlay stuff like the radar and hud stuff then i disabled it temporarily...

Well, was a bit late last night so didn't get a chance to mention this stuff, but a few words about those pix...

I did run into some performance issues with having so many models on screen, so i had to reduce the polycount a bit, meaning the models ended up being a little blockier than hoped. What i will do is include the high-quality models in the final release so that people with high-end machines can enjoy them. These pix and all pix from now will include the so called 'standard quality' models. In any case i think they are still millions of times better than the old ones, if you take a look at some older screens for comparison you will see they are much much better and smoother.

Yes, the legs from behind at certain angles can appear a little blocky, but there wasn't much i could do about it. I may try to fix that a bit later but i think it's ok for now.

Again, remember none of these (fielder) models are in any special poses yet, so they all look very cardboard. This will be fixed either today or tomorrow which should look great when they are standing with more expression in their poses.

The crowd, as mentioned before, will remain 2D and ugly until later on down the track when i decide to spend more time on it. The big problem i have is working out a way to make it look good but not affect performance, which is a big struggle. Anything other than 2D for the crowd seems to slow it down to a grinding halt. Anyways, that requires more research so i will look at it later.

Also, the England kit is the old one still...waiting for a volunteer to do the new one ;) - Drewska? Duded64?

Finally, what i was most proud of, and what you cant see from any pix, is what's happening behind the scenes...all stats are being loaded from file, along with fielding positions, and players are being loaded in based on their stats and the fielding position list - from a basic text file. The stats are determining their face type, hair type, hair colour, hat type, long/shot sleeves, vest, sunnies, bat type, height, weight, preferred fielding position etc. :cool:

With a quick edit of the stats you can easily edit all this stuff. The fielding system provides for an unlimited amount of preset fields, and custom fields, and i have put in 40 or so default realistic fielding positions. :onpc

So the main thing is that it's really shaping up well. Expect some more major improvements over the next week, culminating in a video release that will show some huge new improvements.

LM

Ramz said:
excellent work paul .. really deserve all the plaudits!! this game is shaping up to be the best cricket game ever :) .. i jus have one question.. how many stadiums will be in the game?

Mate, the short answer is 'as many as we can make given the time'

cheers,

LM

fs740 said:
why don't you use blic crowd pics

i dont think Codies would appreciate that much :D

duded64 said:
still stadiums will take ages and the crowds are key, however what a great game this is shaping up its getting to the point were there is no point in me giving you reps because this game is worth millions time more than that :) GREAT WORK :D

Well, like i said, crowds are an issue, but stadiums are shaping up to be great. I have someone working on stadiums for me and he is brilliant. World class stuff.

Will_NA said:
really liking the batsman's stance. looks like michael clarke's

There are three different animated stances to choose from - normal, raised and wide/angled.

ZoraxDoom said:
Briliant stuff. Looks and feels like a real cricket game. A bit blocky at spaces, but as long as it plays good, who cares?

Yeah, this is how i would sum it up too... ;)

Mind you, i must say these screens do make it seem more blocky than it really is...obviously they are jpg snaps which have reduced the quality, so it is slightly less blocky when really playing.

legend_master said:
What do you mean by 'On-screen graphics'? If you mean like overlay stuff like the radar and hud stuff then i disabled it temporarily...
Yep, that's what I was talking about

here's a couple more pix...new NZ kit and new AUS kit...

Attachments

• TCP 2007-01-17 16-32-53-00.jpg
    TCP 2007-01-17 16-32-53-00.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 229
  • TCP 2007-01-17 16-10-37-31.jpg
    TCP 2007-01-17 16-10-37-31.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 220
  • TCP 2007-01-17 16-30-56-75.jpg
    TCP 2007-01-17 16-30-56-75.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 221
legend_master said:
What i will do is include the high-quality models in the final release so that people with high-end machines can enjoy them.

thats brilliant LM, without boasting - i do have a bit of a monster of a machine so im glad you decided to include this option.

The crowd, as mentioned before, will remain 2D and ugly until later on down the track when i decide to spend more time on it. The big problem i have is working out a way to make it look good but not affect performance, which is a big struggle. Anything other than 2D for the crowd seems to slow it down to a grinding halt. Anyways, that requires more research so i will look at it later.

who cares about crowd i certainly dont, but being the perfectionist you are mate im sure you will get it looking awesome. ;)

Finally, what i was most proud of, and what you cant see from any pix, is what's happening behind the scenes...all stats are being loaded from file, along with fielding positions, and players are being loaded in based on their stats and the fielding position list - from a basic text file. The stats are determining their face type, hair type, hair colour, hat type, long/shot sleeves, vest,

With a quick edit of the stats you can easily edit all this stuff.

yet more music to the old ears mate :cheers

There are three different animated stances to choose from - normal, raised and wide/angled.
thats something new to me - truly brilliant mate, just adds yet more to this ever impressive game

Quick word on the screens, they are fantastic mate, you have done a whole cricket community proud so far with your efforts Paul, keep up the good work, cheers :cheers

hey everyone i havent yet seen the art of cricket forum but i stumbled upon this great work it hsa come a very very long way since the start but can someone pelase tell me what this is? is it a game for download or sumthing? cheers guys :cheers

Impressive work LM . Nice work this game looks totally reasiltic and i like the batsman adjusting his helmet but plz clear it out why is Vettori with a long run up ? coz he is standing neat the 3 moblie pitchad so looks like long run up.

But overall impressive work :cheers

preview of new vettori face:
2d2c24c1b4.jpg

wows it?

no offence but it doesnt look like him, he doesnt have ginger hair...

Great work LM. i did not had chance to follow the game for a long time. I am seeing the game after long time. graphics look amazing. it feels like as a cricket game. Great work guys keep it up. Hopefully when would we be able to see video??

dmckenna said:
hey everyone i havent yet seen the art of cricket forum but i stumbled upon this great work it hsa come a very very long way since the start but can someone pelase tell me what this is? is it a game for download or sumthing? cheers guys :cheers

it's a game under development...still some way to go...check out the official site for more info. or read through all these forum threads hehe

aussie1st said:
Cool screenshots, Vettori hair looks so funny :)

hehe yeah, i didn't spend much time on the hair tbh...just wanted to whip somethin up for the screenz...face looks ok i think though...

gamerkid22 said:
Impressive work LM . Nice work this game looks totally reasiltic and i like the batsman adjusting his helmet but plz clear it out why is Vettori with a long run up ? coz he is standing neat the 3 moblie pitchad so looks like long run up.

But overall impressive work :cheers

haha well spotted... :D LOL!!!!!!!

yeah, obviously he should be a lot closer lol...reason is i made him a fast bowler (for runup) just so i could get the screen done lol (as i haven't put in the adjusted runup length yet for spinners, just quicks)...dont worry, in the real thing he wont be running in from that far :p LMAO

LM

Users who are viewing this thread