Game Screens

I haven't been around TAOC for a while now but looking at that field editor. It is amazing! Just a question. Does that mean we can move any fielder anywhere? Cause if that is the case then that is just awesome.

Left_Hander said:
I haven't been around TAOC for a while now but looking at that field editor. It is amazing! Just a question. Does that mean we can move any fielder anywhere? Cause if that is the case then that is just awesome.

yes you can move them anywhere. you can even bring wicketkeeper closer to the stumps whenever you want.

thanks, all..;)

yes, you can move any fielder anywhere (except for the bowler) providing it's legal i.e. cant be on the pitch (cos that's just silly) or outside the boundary rope. Also cant put a guy right up close toe to toe next to another guy.

@Brett Lee - yes you can save custom fields.

also if you move someone within a certain range of the pitch he will auto get a helmet (e.g. silly mid on etc) and auto lose that helmet once moved outside the range.

is that legal having 3 guys behind leg like that? i thought only 2 were allowed (i would bring the rule to just a bit more than 90 degres)

awesome video top stuff
the field editor is brilliant

also will there be helmets placed behind the keeper and u get 5 runs when the ball hits them?

Love the look of the new field editor, it looks far better than that on C2007. A few suggestions for it: When you highlight a player it could show a mini profile with their fielding attributes and favoured position. And also it could have guides as the names of different field placings e.g a dot or shading which are labelled with the name of the position.

RabbleRouser said:
Love the look of the new field editor, it looks far better than that on C2007. A few suggestions for it: When you highlight a player it could show a mini profile with their fielding attributes and favoured position. And also it could have guides as the names of different field placings e.g a dot or shading which are labelled with the name of the position.

That's actually a really good idea, dude...thanks, i'll definately put that in...

AbBh said:
awesome video top stuff
the field editor is brilliant

also will there be helmets placed behind the keeper and u get 5 runs when the ball hits them?

IMO that is unneeded in the first release of this game, a slight miscalculation could cause havoc.

Also would the fielding by applicable for keepers? Although I think moving keeper should be disabled for fast bowlers and spinners because that would be v.unrealistic.

the feild editor looks amazing LM! how are the stadiums going for this game? are we going to see screens of different stadiums in play?

Great stuff LM, the efforts you are putting into this game definitely doesnt go unnoticed and I just wanted to congratulate you on the work done so far.
The video looks kick ass and I bet it will look even better once the fielders start fielding :P hehe

Just one thing I have noticed....when a shot is played you cant see the movement of the ball on the little radar, will that be implemented at a later stage?

cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread