Gameplay Videos

MOTM implementation is fundamentally broken.

2:29 was no way an lbw.

It doesn't matter where on the leg it hits - in fact you can be given LBW off the helmet if it impacts low enough. It does not need to be specifically the leg.

It was umpire's call, it was going to take the bails. It was LBW

It doesn't matter where on the leg it hits - in fact you can be given LBW off the helmet if it impacts low enough. It does not need to be specifically the leg.

It was umpire's call, it was going to take the bails. It was LBW
Lol I alway's thought that if the ball in line then if it's hitting the leg pad and then stump's,lol.

Full highlights later - as I know you're all awaiting the result - but here's an amazing sequence of events from a match between me and Biggs today:

as I know you're all awaiting the result

...on a KNIFES EDGE. Huge comeback today from the Biggton middle order, bunch of 40's but not milestones for the little team that could. Can we get a win? Find out, soon...

Also that running. All of the funny.

Lol I alway's thought that if the ball in line then if it's hitting the leg pad and then stump's,lol.

Yeah the fact that its called Leg Before Wicket can confuse things a bit. In fact all it really means is that the batsman is preventing a ball from hitting the stumps with anything other than his bat! The only real exceptions are if the ball pitches outside the line of leg - which is not out under any circumstance, or outside off stump where a genuine shot has been attempted.

The ball can pitch outside off and it's out, it just can't impact outside the line with a shot attempted and be out.

Indeed, basically this. The key point is the ball must be going on to hit the stumps, but the batsman must demonstrate a clear and genuine attempt to play the ball (not just wafting aimlessly). Obviously the difference with legside is that if it pitches down leg it's not out under any circumstances, regardless where the ball would have ended up.

Rather amusingly the laws of the game allow for a batsman to be given out LBW even if it hits his helmet. Clearly there must be precedent for this, but I find it rather funny that someone must have been given out under such a circumstance in the first place to create that precedent. It must have been hilarious to watch!

EDIT

Found an example! It's his shoulder, but nearly his helmet :D

Last edited:

All arguments destroyed.

That's just poor umpiring. It's always up to the umpire's discretion in those circumstances, and on another day with another umpire, that mightn't have been given.

No, that video clearly proves that in fact everything is out lbw, no matter where it pitches, where it hits or where it's going.

Also is demonstrates how bowler and umpire should ideally appeal and raise finger simultaneously, perhaps even with the umpire going first.

That video proves nothing other than the fact that umpires are human and can make rash decisions. That was before referrals, and I'm sure if that happened today it would have been challenged and possibly overturned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread