ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
They normally wipe those type of matches from their memory, as if it never happened.
Ok yeah

these results were only possible when Misbah and Younis were there. But with the present team, I think its quite difficult

S

Satan666

Ok yeah

these results were only possible when Misbah and Younis were there. But with the present team, I think its quite difficult

The matches in question as per post below

Asia Cup 2014 and bilateral series 2012/13. Ages ago.

Asia Cup: Younis didnt play and Misbah made one run
6th Match: India v Pakistan at Dhaka, Mar 2, 2014 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

2012/2013 series: Misbah failed with bat for both wins whilst Younis scored 58 in one of the wins, followed by 10 in the other

Results | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

In conclusion you aint making a valid point.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

grkrama

National Board President
In the last 25 matches in the past 10 yrs Pak won 9 and Ind won 16, that said its history and both teams have been changing over the course, I think we are evenly matched with may be slight advantage to india due to a more settled batting, but given that the match up takes a year from now have to see how pak settles by then , especially given that they have roped Inzy in, would think they are going to get better!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I wonder if Indian fans would complain about DRS if the BCCI had adopted it from the start. I doubt so.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I, personally, don't really care much about DRS either way. I enjoy the "suspense" part of it when the ball is slowing being tracked to the wickets or you are straining your ears to hear a nick; makes for great entertainment. But overall, I am fine either way.

It can be implemented or not - doesn't make too much of a difference to my cricket viewing/following experience. Mainly because shoddy umpiring can still ruin a match whether we have DRS or not.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I wonder if Indian fans would complain about DRS if the BCCI had adopted it from the start. I doubt so.

Hah, the test series between India and Sri Lanka in 2008 was the one where DRS was introduced for the first time. And I don't know if you notice this or not but Indian fans actually don't mind having DRS, it's the administrators at BCCI who are opposing it.

grkrama

National Board President

the complaint part is mostly to the flake we get for not using DRS rather than you know because we dont use it its trash ideology!

Even if bcci was using it i would still think it unbalances the game in a way umpires alone mistakes dont do, in the sense when umpire is shitty he is equally shitty for both side and over the course of lay most games balance themselves naturally, were as with DRS, when it makes error its more likely to affect game balance! Yes it reduces error but unevenly, plus the whole umpire decision hitting, and then the prediction pot and hot spot which arent great but add for TV drama!

If the prediction path can be removed and snicko is used relied for edges, a standard for drs is adopted instead of different countries doing bits they want, if umpire decision thing sorted out, its either out or not out, then the actual referral is made by team coach and support staff in dug out with analysing tools and help rather than players in the heat of the moment ( i mean they made a good reality show with 2-3 lifeline help with watto made the villain) then we may have something to use in our hands!

In essence i dont think anybody is against the technology but the way its implemented and used!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread