General Cricket Discussion

It’s not really relevant though, T20I caps don’t equate to ODI skills.
The pressure, the learning curves you go through playing any form of international cricket equates to skills. Not downplaying the victory, just asking Indian fans trying to criticize this young team is not fair when the playing field throughout the tournament was not level. Kudos to BCCI for sending this young unit.

The pressure, the learning curves you go through playing any form of international cricket equates to skills. Not downplaying the victory, just asking Indian fans trying to criticize this young team is not fair when the playing field throughout the tournament was not level. Kudos to BCCI for sending this young unit.
Most of the players seems like the recent U19s ones it will be a great learning for them IMO considering majority of them are only starting to play with the top level more recently especially the likes of Harshit Rana, Hangrekar, Sai, Jorel and Dhull who played the most recent IPL and looked more promising amongst the lot.

On the other we had the gamer Parag with us as well.:lol

Not to be sore losers, but surely they the memo regards 'Emerging' wasn't picked up by the other teams.

I agree with @WutUpMahGlipGlops on the international experience point. Perhaps, in future, the ACC needs to clearly spell out what they intend to achieve and put up an age bracket(if any)

I don’t have any issues with the other team squads. At most each of the full member squads have a couple of players that can be regarded as first team options for their international sides and a few players who have received token caps due to potential or aren’t in favour at present. That’s in line with what most A squads look like in reality. Ours was the only exception where we went with an entirely uncapped squad but it was a conscious choice we made as it was considered better to give these lads international exposure than send ’Krunal and the boys’ to learn nothing significant other than which backup could be useful in the unlikely event of multiple injuries. It wasn’t as strong as Pakistan or Bangladesh IMO but we still had some really good talents out there. Can’t be unhappy with them making the final at all.

I don’t have any issues with the other team squads. At most each of the full member squads have a couple of players that can be regarded as first team options for their international sides and a few players who have received token caps due to potential or aren’t in favour at present. That’s in line with what most A squads look like in reality. Ours was the only exception where we went with an entirely uncapped squad but it was a conscious choice we made as it was considered better to give these lads international exposure than send ’Krunal and the boys’ to learn nothing significant other than which backup could be useful in the unlikely event of multiple injuries. It wasn’t as strong as Pakistan or Bangladesh IMO but we still had some really good talents out there. Can’t be unhappy with them making the final at all.
I completely agree with you. The was Emerging Asia Cup, this was not U-19 Asia Cup. If BCCI wants to send uncapped players as their emerging stars, let them do that. If Pakistan thinks a 30 year old is emerging talent aka akin to SKY, let them send him and the likes.

I do not think any country did anything wrong with the squads, they all had their own emerging stars in different capacities and again that should not take away from the victory. My whole point of this debate was to say the young Indian team with 0 international experience did really well against a well settled Pakistani side who had international experience and has more experience due to age factor. Pakistan were absolutely clinical with their performances, first beating the home side who had more international experience then them and then a young upcoming India.

Please do not compare them to the senior side no matter how much it hurts to not have another final won.

Please do not compare them to the senior side no matter how much it hurts to not have another final won.

The point regards comparison was on account of the fact that we let the game slip away. Everywhere we see, Indian cricket seems to do well until KO games and screws up badly(especially from a position of domination)

If these guys don't get over the line now, we will see them in the main team a few years later where the same mistakes will be repeated.

1690218556553.png
Anyone else remember this Test match? Day 3, 4 and majority of 5 were wiped out due to rain. It was a really bold move from Crane Williamson to declare at 241/8 in the first innings. England were toe-to-toe with NZ in the game. Day 5 had washed out almost completely but NZ didn't want a stalemate so decided that the match to be decided with a super-over by declaring their third innings. England gave the ball to Loin Ali who did well against de Crankhome and Ross Gaylor, considering the outfield and wetness of the ball. In reply, NZ sent Mitchell Wankner to defend 16 against Yos Buttluh and Ben Foakes. The final equation came down to 5 runs off the last ball and Foakes reverse-swept the delivery for a boundary but it wasn't long enough to go the distance for a six. Both teams shared the trophy as a result.

Only 146 BC kids will remember. 469 AD kids must be wondering what the hell I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread