General Cricket Discussion

lancashire666

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
South Africa news: Thami Tsolekile, Jacques Rudolph and Faf du Plessis handed central contract | South Africa Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

The selection of Tsolekile has strong hints of more quota like selection, since i remain unconvinced that he at age 31 is a better long tern replacement for Boucher ahead of Heino Kuhn and Dane Vilas.

While its disgraceful how McClaren continues to be treated, now way he doesn't deserve a contract when Parnell is getting one.

Im happy to see Faf get one, such a good one day player, he put in some quality performances when he was at Lancashire.

I have no idea who this Tsolekile is through, his stats dont suggest a great batsman, can he at least keep wicket well?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Symonds retired from the game for good now so no more IPL for him. He was pretty good in the commentary box so maybe hes looking more into that.

lancashire666

International Coach
Symonds retired from the game for good now so no more IPL for him. He was pretty good in the commentary box so maybe hes looking more into that.

Its a shame hes retired, I thought he had a few years left in him as a T20 player, there are plenty of English county's who could use a hitter like him. He was one of a very small group of Aussie sportsmen I actually liked as well :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Heh. Firstly, that's some superb advertising for the new guys by Giles. I had never heard of them before haha

I always love it when a complete female sexual organ like Clarke suggests that someone watching a pirate streamed game of cricket is a problem for the sport.

Yes, heaven forbid that people actually watch a sport that we are continually told suffers from falling viewing figures. I couldn't even watch Australia v India because Sky apparently didn't have the rights in England or some rubbish.

"The ECB's chairman Giles Clarke recently condemned unauthorised websites streaming games, calling them: "The biggest danger to cricket, because they take money out of the game without commercial benefit to us. They are being used by the bookmakers as well. The problem of pirate-site streaming is very big for sport."

I happen to have Sky Sports Player, and as such can watch most of it legally, but I find it somewhat ridiculous that someone who is flown around the world, sits in the finest seats, and gets the finest food in the ground has even the slightest clue as to anything that may affect real fans of the sport, or sports in general.

Actually, pretty angry at his quote. Like all things pirate related, offer a better service at reasonable value for money, and watch as people actually use the service.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yeah, that's exactly it. This attitude, and apparent belief that that he is the emperor of cricket, is part of the reason there is so much piracy. They don't take money out of the game because you obviously don't sell a product they're interested in.

People want to watch games without paying $50 a month for stuff they don't watch. They want to watch games that even when they do subscribe, are not covered. And finally they want to watch games without infuriating interruptions, be it the news or nearby bad weather.

Yet you can still be sure many of them also don't want to watch low resolution, lossy, low motion web streams hosted on fly-by-night websites running hosts of dubious scripts.

Alas, like the film industry, like the music industry, like the adult industry, they are starting down the path of ignoring their fans and customers, choosing to dictate what products they should have.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Di Venuto can make a difference

images

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Is cricinfo working for anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread