General Cricket Discussion

yeah I only hope our security agencies do not screw up this time too. It would be fatal for our cricket if another attack occurs against a touring team.

^^Indeed. Would love to see Pakistan tours back on the calendar. Important part of world cricket's culture.

Pakistan should just get on with their new side. They've done well without him and should keep looking to keep their side fresh and hungry.

(Was a fantastic batsman though).

Yousaf was half fit even when he was 25. I don't think he can survive five day cricket anymore. He is relic of the past as far as our team is concerned. Same is the case with Kamran Akmal, Faisal Iqbal and Muhammad Sami. I would be shocked it Whatmore gets those three to play again for Pakistan.

Football clubs dominate world ranking of highest-paying sports clubs | Sport | guardian.co.uk

why is stinky posting an article about football wages you ask?

well, it's not just football wages, it's all sporting wages, look to the 30s, the IPL clubs start appearing. a real show of how powerful these clubs are going to get. there is no way they can throw that amount of money about with wanting a lot more clout, the Kolkata Knight Riders are paying more than the New York Knicks, Mumbai Indians pay more than Serie A's Roma, Even newcomers Pune are already paying more money to their squad than tottenham hotspurs, that's incredible. had my doubts about how serious the IPL was but seeing it in context in that table is quite an eye opener.

Yousaf was half fit even when he was 25. I don't think he can survive five day cricket anymore. He is relic of the past as far as our team is concerned. Same is the case with Kamran Akmal, Faisal Iqbal and Muhammad Sami. I would be shocked it Whatmore gets those three to play again for Pakistan.

Talking about pakistan cricket, i saw an interesting comment someone posted on cricinfo with regards to a potential PAK team for the T20 world cup later this year:

quote said:
@antonyraj i have an opponent for you...pakistan is another storng contender for the world t20 if they pick this team: 1.imran nazir 2. hafeez. 3. ahmed shehzad. 4. umer akmal .5.kamran akmal. 6 . shahid afridi 7. abdul razzak. 8. azhar mehmood. 9.umer gul 10. saeed ajmal 11. abdur rehman 12. rana naveed 13. ahmed shehzad 14. anwar ali and 15. hammad azam

What do you think about this?

Users who are viewing this thread