General Cricket Discussion

Why are the WTC Finalists still decided on the basis of winning percentages? That rule came into existence during the COVID-19 pandemic. Continuing it for all WTC cycles makes no sense at all.

In such a case, the ICC shouldn't even award points to the winners. Merely counting the wins and percentages should be enough.

Why are the WTC Finalists still decided on the basis of winning percentages? That rule came into existence during the COVID-19 pandemic. Continuing it for all WTC cycles makes no sense at all.

In such a case, the ICC shouldn't even award points to the winners. Merely counting the wins and percentages should be enough.
I believe it's percentage of points played for rather than winning percentages.

Florida, Morrisville, Dallas and New York among shortlisted venues inspected by ICC, with USA set to co-host tournament with West Indies. Will be interesting where and how the ground in NY will look like. This should be an amazing world cup. Lets goo!

Florida, Morrisville, Dallas and New York among shortlisted venues inspected by ICC, with USA set to co-host tournament with West Indies. Will be interesting where and how the ground in NY will look like. This should be an amazing world cup. Lets goo!
No California stadium? The one KKR was building?

No California stadium? The one KKR was building?
I do not think that has been approved yet. The one in NY has already been approved by the local government. If they do indeed play in NY, thank the might lord as I wont have to travel hours to see the game. No matter what team, I ll book tickets day 1 for all the NYC games, 35 min away.

Greetings:

I have a general question about how selectors choose the teams in international T-20, ODI, and Test cricket.

Are the best players selected for the Test team or ODI? Or both? Are there certain strengths in bowling and/or batting that relate to a particular format that selectors consider when making their selections?

Thank you as always. I have caught the cricket bug. So much to learn, so many nuances, and I am enjoying every second of the learning process.

Here in the States, baseball is the sport that is traditionally the "thinking man's game" - cricket surpasses it on many levels and makes my beloved game of baseball seem simple and trite.

I and all of America has been missing out on this beautiful game and I hope it grows thru the MLC. And I hope the we can put together a team to qualify for the ICC World Cup sometime this century...

Cheers.

Are the best players selected for the Test team or ODI? Or both? Are there certain strengths in bowling and/or batting that relate to a particular format that selectors consider when making their selections?
There’s different skills required for both formats, and players are selected for each based on their ability to execute the skills required for that format.
For Test cricket, it’s more about endurance and consistent play. Batters and bowlers both have to play for a longer period of time.
For limited overs cricket (One-Day and T20), you judge them based on the same skills, but how they adapt them to 50 and 20 overs respectively

Users who are viewing this thread