General Discussion

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Its at Cricket Sim 09

I've covered most points relating to it being a BETA in that post there so PLEASE read it fully and take care. Also the program isn't noob proof at all at the moment, no. You'll have to be a bit careful, but I'm sure you can! :)

The key is testing out gameplay elements, pacing and get feedback relating to it. Make realistic teams with realistic abilities.

Good luck and I would be appreciating feedback, not to hijack sohum's thread so if anyone has anything to say I'd be glad to have you open a new thread! :)

Credits go to sohum and AbBh.

Neo95

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kshitiz and Sohum,When I get hang of Java,will you guys allow to me to port this program to Linux.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Kshitiz, you can release your code if you want. After all, my code wasn't licensed when I gave it to you (and still isn't :p). Just put me in the credits somewhere so that if PCCS isn't completed I'm not completely forgotten. :)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Nah I have no intentions of releasing the source code myselves, although whenever Cricket Sim 09 gets released, you'll be credited [even in my project report!].

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
So that my UI remains active while simulation is happening. And also its never good practice to do large calculations in the UI thread.
Yeah that is fine but you could just sim it all once and then make the UI show ball by ball from a stored location? Simming should take max 3-4 seconds at most shouldn't it? Or you've put in complex calculations? :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Yeah that is fine but you could just sim it all once and then make the UI show ball by ball from a stored location? Simming should take max 3-4 seconds at most shouldn't it? Or you've put in complex calculations? :)
Simming a T20 game will take that long, but OD's and FC's will take a lot longer. Besides "simming it all at once" doesn't make sense because your UI would be unresponsive while it was doing that task.

Anyways, I've figured it out. Now the simulation runs in its own threads and all the UI components (scorecard, ball-by-ball, commentary) will be running in the UI thread performing their updates whenever they get data.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am a seasoned programmer in C/C++/C#..

Let me know if I can help in solving some tough programming challenges.. I am a PM away

Users who are viewing this thread