General Music Thread

I've not got Hail to the Thief, maybe I'll have to give that a listen. From the ones I've got, I'd say my order would be:

The Bends > Kid A > Ok Computer > In Rainbows

Really love the title track from The Bends, just such an uplifting track. I just love the differing emotions that Radiohead can bring out. Wish I'd discovered them a long time ago, really awesome stuff. Thom Yorke's a ledge.

My mate was sitting in a pub in England on his own while he was living there and Tom Yorke cruised in and just sat next to him and ordered a drink and they ended up having a chat. Was 4 or 5 years ago now. Said he is quite a shy bloke and their music matches his personality perfectly. Quite a dry sense of humour apparently too but a good chap none the less and he is very serious about releasing good music for his listeners.
His solo stuff was a bit too wierd for my liking, but no doubt a a very important band in the modern history of music.

At the moment the most played music on my iPod:
Manic Street Preachers greatest hits, Kyte, American football and Trentemoller........ all amongst my usual favourites.

What's your favourite Manics album? Mine's a close tie between Generation Terrorists and The Holy Bible.

Radiohead- Nude

I love this song. I don't really know why I like it, but it does something for me, seems to bring out random emotions, probably why I like Radiohead so much, and I'm liking them more and more each day. They've got such an eclectic mix of emotions crammed into each album, they're fantastic. What a band.

Quite getting into John Mayor at the moment, his voice is good by all standards but it doesn't really attract me, its his guitar playing which does however. Anyone wanna listen to a very good song, Gravity by John Mayor is the way to go.

Quite getting into John Mayor at the moment, his voice is good by all standards but it doesn't really attract me, its his guitar playing which does however. Anyone wanna listen to a very good song, Gravity by John Mayor is the way to go.

I read that as John Major. :p

Just downloaded a couple of Aimee Mann albums. I heard Ricky and Steve playing a few of her tracks on XFM, but never bothered to give her a listen, but she's actually awesome. The first track on her newest album, Freeway is incredibly catchy. She's got a very unique voice as well, really nice stuff. Ricky and Steve reccommend some music gold once more.

King Pietersen said:
I've not got Hail to the Thief, maybe I'll have to give that a listen. From the ones I've got, I'd say my order would be:

The Bends > Kid A > Ok Computer > In Rainbows

Really love the title track from The Bends, just such an uplifting track. I just love the differing emotions that Radiohead can bring out. Wish I'd discovered them a long time ago, really awesome stuff. Thom Yorke's a ledge.

I strongly recommend the My Iron Lung EP, it's a forgotten gem, and as good as any full Radiohead album. The acoustic tracks at the end are really gorgeous too.

Anybody here listens to Yelle? she is pure good.

Some of my mates are going Leeds. I don't really listen to that sort of music anymore. Other mates converted me. However I might hide in a tent bag and go for Friday when Arctic Monkeys and Prodigy are on, then return home at a ridiculous hour in a cab ready to hit a century and take 5fer.

Sleep Now in the Fire

Last edited by a moderator:
Been listening to Paramore recently and enjoying it, oh and needs to be said how gorgeous Hayley Williams is :)

Users who are viewing this thread