General Music Thread

Cowburn199 said:
Duff the music from Chaos Theory is cool! The rythem is really good
Yes, I tend to agree with you there Mr.Burner.
Apparently the person who did the music for Hitman (Jesper Kyd) and Splinter Cell 1 is doing the music for Spinter Cell: Double Agent (an upcoming gaming).
However I usually listen to the beats of techno and trance usually.

Last edited:
I listen to almost all types of music. It varies according to my mood. Recently heard "Twisted Transistor" by Karn. That was pretty good. I also hear JayZ, Linkin Park. Sometimes Blue, Westlife. I know I am weird!:p

Wow the music from the original hitman is mind blowing! I used to love on the first mission going on the construction site with a sniper rifle and taking a aim with the music and bang and then the music gets more dramatic.

Did i even make anysense there? :p

Cowburn199 said:
Wow the music from the original hitman is mind blowing! I used to love on the first mission going on the construction site with a sniper rifle and taking a aim with the music and bang and then the music gets more dramatic.

Did i even make anysense there? :p
Yeah indeed. It is the sort of music that churns and pounds your heart. It is especially as entrancing when you either pump it out in your surround sound system or have high quality headphones. (I have the latter)
Do people think that techno music suits first person/squad based shooter games. For some reason I think it does.
I listen to a radio station known as Nova 100 for my music and they mostly play songs that are newish, but normally not from the big bands that you usually hear.

If we are talking about Hip-Hop then there is no one better than Tupac.Kanye West is okay.........bit to poppy for my liking. Now NWA is some class sh!t.Eazy E,another guy cut short by AIDs.Great rapper. Outlaws are also very talented(Associates of Tupac),and they too lost the best Rapper amongst them-Kadafi.
R.I.P.

Yep Duff! I have surround sound 7.1 speakers with a huge subwoofer :D Although i dont think techno fits in with fps and third person shooters. I prefer to play a game like Call Of Duty 2 or Counter Strike Source with Opeth blaring out my speakers :D

Cowburn199 said:
Yep Duff! I have surround sound 7.1 speakers with a huge subwoofer :D Although i dont think techno fits in with fps and third person shooters. I prefer to play a game like Call Of Duty 2 or Counter Strike Source with Opeth blaring out my speakers :D
I am starting to envy what things you may have in your house cowburner. I wish I had 7.1 surround sound, but I think some other things are more important.
I agree with you in regards to music in first person/squad based shooters. I think techno and trance is more suited to car games I think. (the older Need For Speed games were a good example of this)
Is surround sound really worth it though? What's the point paying 1000 bucks for 'better sound quality.' Wouldn't you rather better visuals. (ie a better television?)

Good point Duff but im a gamer (signiture) So i want the best out of my computer that i can possibly get :) Right now im listening to Cathedral and it's only 7:15am heh

Hey there's some great music around at the moment. Listen to bands such as, Kooks, Dredg, HelloGoodbye, Mystery Jets, Secreat Machines, Plan B, The Academy Is...., Paddingtons, Crimea, The Decemberists, Dirty Pretty Things, The Rifles, The Shins, Young Knives just to name a few. Enjoy

Cowburn199 said:
Good point Duff but im a gamer (signiture)

So what graphics card d'you have then? Sound doesn't matter alot to me in games, most of the time my speakers are off. :eek:

As for the topic, I like all kinds of music except rap. My favourite bands would probably be Hard-Fi, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth and Linkin Park.

Hard-Fi aren't bad, but I haven't heard of most of the others you listed.

Anybody here like Shane Ward? I didn't watch X-factor (its a principal thing, no soaps or Reality TV shows whatsoever), but I thought his first single wasn't bad. Didn't deserve the sales it got, though.

Users who are viewing this thread