General Music Thread

Michael Buble mostly just does cover songs. That's not really a 'real man' in my books.

He covers a lot of the great songs.

Buble isn't the type of artist that he can go making a whole album of new songs as it'd be quite frankly boring, he's better covering all the legendary songs such as that!

But the songs he has made, Home is the best, probably one of the best i've ever heard in my life.

Good list, Pink Floyd were amazing, but you could do with being a little more open minded about newer bands.

Yeah, I know, but every time I do listen to newer bands, I'm swamped by a single thought, 'Why should I settle for mediocrity?'!

Yeah some bands have got talent, and do produce some really good music, but it's more the rare exception than the rule!

Another thing that really gets me, is the influence of money! Music is no longer only a form of art, but to some, primarily a means of making money!

mukund_nadkarni, i totally agree with you about the making money comment,

even my favourite band Fall Out Boy have sold out slightly for the money, by going pop. Most bands are doing that as it has a wider audience. I wished they'd just stay true to themselves and keep thier style!

I'm sorry but I've heard the original, it's terrible. MUSE are brilliant. End of conversation.

MUSE are indeed brilliant. I'd like to see any half rate emo drivel fill out Wembley like that.

No-one can match MUSE in live performances, not even Kasabian. They simply are gods amongst mere mortals.

I thought we were having a mass debate, Matt.

Here's a tough question for you;

Favourite MUSE song?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's easy, Butterflies & Hurricanes.

In fact it's not that easy. I love Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, Hysteria, Time is Running Out, Knights of Cy...........on second thoughts i'm passing the question.

Yeah none of them stand out for me either. Great man that Michael Buble. So great in fact that no one knows any of his original songs.

Right on to the serious stuff again. Favourite Kasabian song? In fact that's just gonna cause the same problem as the Muse question. Let's just slag off that X Factor winner for looking like a moose.

Users who are viewing this thread