Glenn McGrath Vs Wasim Akram?

Who is the better bowler?

• Total voters

Hybrid

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Simply asking who was the better bowler, not who was more entertaining or who was more inspirational or anything like that.

What's better, lager or ale? Sausages or Bacon? Pasta or Rice? Audi or BMW?

Wasim Akram. He can swing bowl both ways from a spot and at decent speed.(135-140)
Mcgrath was line and length Bowler. He was touch slower than Wasim but used to generate more bounce than Wasim.

if i had to pick one, i will pick Wasim.

I don't know. If I had to play in Sub Continent and English Conditions, I would go with Waseem with his ability to swing the ball both conventional and reverse. On Bouncier tracks I would go with Mcgrath.

----------

PS Is it the relaunch of the VS era we had an year back here at PC.

I'd go with Glenn McGrath.Without much pace like Wasim he still was a deadly bowler and was at his vintage form in the 2007 world cup.
I also like Wasim Akram because he was probably the best swing bowler but still I'll go with McGrath.

hard to argue with mcgrath's record, he got wickets everywhere at a great average, it's basically the most statistically solid bowling record in cricket. ever.

but I would akram in an all time XI because he was just unique in his ability.

notice how I haven't really answered the question.

I would go with Wasim Akram any day.
He can swing the ball in & out and one of the best reverse swinger of the ball!
Taking nothing from pigeon...both are Legends!

Red or Blue? Swimming or Cycling? Peanut Butter or Jam?

Comparing Akram to McGrath is like comparing a 4 to a 6. McGrath is twice as good.

Agree that it's an impossible debate really on who is better, it's just good that we have had so many all time greats playing in the last 20 years or so.

It's one of those things where it's impossible to get a definitive answer.

Its even tough a question than a Murali vs Warne one, man. Just can't point one man as better than the other.

Wasim Akram If I have to pick up one... On the other hand I would say that its not a justice to compare between two legends like Akram and Mcgrat

Users who are viewing this thread