Good Domain Registrar ?

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am planning to buy a domain for my site can anyone tell me a good registrar i need a .co.in or .in domain. I was thinking of GoDaddy are they good ? and any cheaper one then GoDaddy ? But it must be good quality.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I've always bought from GoDaddy, and my experience has been very pleasant everytime. But then I haven't needed support yet, so I don't know about their support department.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Godaddy doesn't have .in AFAIK.

Abhas added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

1 suggestion..
Do NOT go in for net4.in services. I had a terrible experience with them.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
oh great!! now I might as well transfer my domain as well.. Thanks for the info :)
I'm hosting with godaddy, and have experienced no problems as yet. I've heard its domains are even better than its hosting servicea.
I'm happy with godaddy. Look at your budget, and shortlist a few, then you can compare well. :)

Hitterman

International Coach
Here are some good and trusted registrars
GoDaddy.com
Namecheap.com
Indiatimes.com

You may also use some coupon codes if you have which may give some discount.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
If GoDaddy offers .in, you should go with them. Before you check out, go to Google and do a search for "GoDaddy coupon codes". You should be able to get at least a 15% discount.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
If GoDaddy offers .in, you should go with them. Before you check out, go to Google and do a search for "GoDaddy coupon codes". You should be able to get at least a 15% discount.
Thanks then I'll go for GoDaddy.

Is it legal the code thing you mentioned ? :boxing

eesh! GoDaddy is charging Rs.776 :eek: per year thats a bit expensive for a student :p

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Is it legal the code thing you mentioned
Yeah. Last time I renewed my domains they even sent me a coupon code. Seriously, anyone who uses GoDaddy should always check for coupons first. I basically got two years .net renewal for the price of one, with my last coupon.

See retailmenot.com.

Hitterman

International Coach
Coupon codes and discounts for 20,000 online stores! RetailMeNot.com currently provides free coupon codes for all famous online markets.

I would NEVER trust Indiatimes.com, there service is pathetic. Registering a domain took them 14 days, and upgrading nameservers took 3 days each time.
It took me 4 days when I ordered a domain for my school group. I also received a call from Indiatimes for the order confirmation.

Still, best is namecheap.com and godaddy.com. Planetcricket network also uses GoDaddy so I think the best example of their service is already in front of us.;)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Thanks then I'll go for GoDaddy.

Is it legal the code thing you mentioned ? :boxing

eesh! GoDaddy is charging Rs.776 :eek: per year thats a bit expensive for a student :p
$15 seems about reasonable for a .in domain. Not sure what prices are from Indian registrars. I remember when Yahoo had a $4 per year offer on .com domains! Haven't seen that in a while, unfortunately.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I had a wonderful experience with Hostgator. Even let me set up a domain that GoDaddy said was unavailable.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I paid Rs. 621 for my .in domain.
It is through felixindia, some random company I came across in google :p
The only reason I chose that was - I did not have a credit card, and payment options are limited. This company was situated in Delhi, so I simply transferred money in its bank account.

Honestly, Havn't had any problem in it, apart from mx records where I had to pay $1 extra.

So, looking at that, $15 from godaddy seems reasonable, considering you might get a good coupon as well. 10% discount can always be availed, just look for a better deal.

Users who are viewing this thread