Good News I Have Found The Stroke Files!

anyone had a chance to try out the edited bowling fields or new field conditions with slower out-fields?

Pat said:
files for default field settings !!
I would assume it would work too, but not sure about it. Also placing the xml field files on the root directory worked fine for the demo...

JANER said:
I think they add to the game and I don't get that many of them anyway, I mean there are lots of misfields in the real game is there not? :rolleyes:

Yes there are. I can deal with a few misfields here and there and dropped catches as cricket 2004, but there are far to many in C2005, from my fielders and CPU fielders too, which is too unrealisitc in my opinion and ruins the game because it takes the skill out of hitting good shots and finding the gaps.

You should be able to make tactical decisions and move people in different positions and change the field etc to stop these, but it makes no difference. Ive been playing a world series and counted the misfields from both sides and in every game Ive played there have been well over 25 misfields from each side. Guys on the boundary always letting the ball go through their legs and then throwing the "ball" when they havent got it. There are far too many in my opinion which ruins the matches and I know Im not the only one who thinks this. :(

Wow that is odd, I def don't get that many, maybe I just don't notice as much?
TBH they would'nt put me off anyway, I mean after playing 2004 this 2005 is heaven sent :)

Oh yea, its certainly much improved, but its just that which bugs me. When I score a high innings I feel Ive cheated at the end as if there weren't that many misfields Id have scored much lower, which adds to the challenge :)

eddie, the outfield's speed is awesome. i find myself running ones and twos that would normally be hit for four. you really have to middle the ball to hit a four, which i like. i haven't tried the odi fields yet because i've been playing a test.

as for the shots, i like the directional variation of the straight drive, but i feel it goes into the covers area too much.

overall, i think you did a wonderful job...keep up the good work

Once you have dowloaded these files, they must be converted to .XML (instead of .txt)
The import them into the GOB file (using BIG GUI) , then compress them

How the heck do you do this????? do you just go import/open/name/compress or what???? Please help

Aldeco said:
Once you have dowloaded these files, they must be converted to .XML (instead of .txt)
The import them into the GOB file (using BIG GUI) , then compress them

How the heck do you do this????? do you just go import/open/name/compress or what???? Please help
Just rename the files from *.txt to *.big, and for installing place those .big files on to your X:\....\ea sports cricket 2005\ folder

Prakash said:
Just rename the files from *.txt to *.big, and for installing place those .big files on to your X:\....\ea sports cricket 2005\ folder

I am still confused as to how to get the field settings files into the gob

Which big file to they belong too, and we have to chagne them to xml files first ?

the field settings are XML files, and are not in BIG files. The are just on their own inside the GOB.

Apparently placing them in the root directory of C2K5 works, although i have not tried that yet.

I am bit confused that how to convert these files into bigui .Am I supposed to open these files just with open with programme and then from there to choose bigui?As I cannot change it anyother way.Or I just need to open rename function and then just place .big instead of .txt?

Eddie can you upload whole your work as a one file as new comer have to search a lot.

all files work.. except for teh stroke file which is th 4308 one..whenevr i put that in my crick 2005 directory the game starts to load and then cricket 2005 shuts down and im back to my desktop..iv trying importing it into the gob and the same thing happens

eddie can you send me individual updates to files as opposed to big files. like can you send me the straight drive updated shot files because whenever i try saving or importing teh stroke big the game never starts. also can you send me teh outfield and ball physics and AI files seperatly..thanks

Users who are viewing this thread