Good News I Have Found The Stroke Files!

Eddie , i have tried ur stroke patches it all works fine in my ps2 but i have a problem with the only 6 hit sweep shot , when i play the sweep for six it does not even cross the 30 yard circle it actually drops in front of the inner circle fielders , it has no power and height so please check that shot if u can,
and please help me with .ssh file ,any idea how to edit them? if u have pls help me.

Last edited:
hey Eddie ur previous Patch also has the sweep(6 hit) problem , on this patch when u hit a sweep for six it takes the edge and goes to the keeper, pls rectify the sweep shot.

Hi Eddie I love your patch but I have one problem

The cover drive now goes even more sqaurer to the covers where it always finds a fielder, before it went straighter and in the ODI it was easier to get singles when the CPU put the long off back and now it just goes to the cover fielder. Can you please try and change this??

Thanks mate.

Eddie said:
Next are some edited bowling fields for ODI's for the 15 over restrictions:

I have edited them to include so of the following:

- 2 slips or 1 slip & a gulley
- 2 catching fielders
- 3rd man

Once you have dowloaded these files, they must be converted to .XML (instead of .txt)
The import them into the GOB file (using BIG GUI) , then compress them.
Do we need to change the name from "Fast Open 1.xml" back to the original "ae35f3b335de etc.xml"?

HI Eddie ,

This is Parijat i am from india and a gr8 cricket lover . I bought this game EA Cricket 2005 and tried playing but it is too hard to score runs then one of my friends gave me ur patch version 1 on loading that my gameplay improved a bit but major problem i am facing is now i am able to score freely during middle overs with gaps in fields but in initial overs m pretty slow at an average of 2 may be .And if i try to hit out due to ur reward for 6 feature its going to edges and m getting out . Can you please help by sending me ur latest patch for better batting .Also tell me y my late cut and pull shots are very weak they always tend to go to the infielder's hand .

Please help

can sum1 tell me the difference between Eddie's and Tutsi's patch?

Hi all,

I'm a noob, but really enjoying the game and have tried out all the patches so far released.

Atm, i am only interested in batting in test matches on hard diff, so this is where my efforts are focused. I am interested in getting the game as realistic as possible, and central to that is getting a wide variety of shot-play and scoring strokes into the game.

Eddie's Test patch, imo, is currently the best in this respect, so I have taken his large bowling cursor batting patch, and

Set cursor size at min 1/ max 2
Increased bounce by about .4 across the board

So far this has increased the variation of line and length you recieve significantly, without an epidemic of wides from the poorer bowlers. Will let you know how I get on in a full test innings.

regards

(England to win comfortably at the Oval)

Hi,
Is anyone please able to provide further details on the following files:
Shot09.saf :--> square cut
Shot09a.saf :--> square cut
Shot09b.saf :--> square cut "6-hit"
Shot09c.saf :--> square cut
Shot09e.saf :--> square cut
Shot10a.saf :--> square cut
Shot24.saf :--> pull 1
Shot24a.saf :--> pull 2
Shot25a.saf :--> hook 1
Shot25b.saf :--> hook 2
Shot25c.saf :--> hook 3
Shot25e.saf :--> hook 4
Shot25g.saf :--> hook 5
Shot26.saf :--> hook 6

i.e what the difference between these different cut and hook shots.
Thanks

Its been a long time since I have looked at these, but they refer to different animations used for each shot.

So for the square cut, there are different animations dependant on where the ball was pitched, and if you are facing a fast bowler or spinner etc

zimrahil said:
Its been a long time since I have looked at these, but they refer to different animations used for each shot.

So for the square cut, there are different animations dependant on where the ball was pitched, and if you are facing a fast bowler or spinner etc

Thanks for your reply.
Surely someone knows which file would correspond to which type of shot.

Users who are viewing this thread