Graeme Smith vs Kevin Pietersen <=> who is the better batsman?

Who is the better batsman?

• Graeme Smith

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Kevin Pietersen

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
both of them are particularly strong on the leg side,similarly built.so,this must be an interesting contest.

Smith for me.

I think Pietersen is a little over rated. Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant.. Just over rated.

If I had to choose between the two i'd deffo have Graeme Smith. He's such an absolute class act.

Smith's a twat. So it's KP every time for me. KP's only scored 2 less hundreds in 25 less Tests, has a far better conversion rate, and he's got a much better record in ODi's. But I guess my preference for KP was obvious wasn't it.

What King Pietersen said. Although Smith is a very good captain so it sort of makes up for him not being as good in limited over's cricket.

Smith is fat. He's a fatty. A big, fat fatty. But if I were to choose either of them as a player, it would be Smith. Brilliant captain, rugged and very good at chasing down totals.

However, I reckon KP is a better batsman. He has more shots about him.

I want to choose Kp because of his scoring ability all over the ground.
Both of them are strong on side players. The thing i like kp is his braveness. He doesn't fear for anyone. It always looks good when he bats.

Smith for me. Class batsman, great technique and has maturity and discipline in his approach to the game.

As just a batsman KP is slightly a better batsman, He has an ability to really destroy teams and often carries the English batting lineup. But I was to choose who I would have in my team, I'd choose Smith, bring a lot to a team in terms of tactics and he is strong under pressure. Also KP is a ******** for being another South African Sportsman to leave to England.

As for the question. ODI's KP. Tests it's difficult to compare because they bat in different positions. I go KP though, must be hard batting with a wicket falling at the other end every few overs.

KP is far more talented than Smith will ever be, and has a better chance of smashing batting records that Smith does. Smith is just ugly to watch, KP is ugly at times but on song you could watch him all day.

Having said that, I'll always hold more respect for Smith, and would rather have Smith bat for my life than KP.

KP has all the flair, all the shots, all the arrogance. But he doesn't have an ounce of the drive, passion and determination that Smith does. I think even South African fans would agree that Graeme Smith has a terribly flawed technique, but he knows his game into out, he knows his areas, his shots and he doesn't allow himself outside of those. That's why he's not only the more successfull batsman, but the better one.

Oh man, I really cannot pick. I have thought about this for ages. I think KP, then I think Smith. I can't split them.

Smith has the grit, he has the guts and he has the maturity. He's a great captain and a great leader, and whilst his technique isn't perfect he knows how to play his shots. He's got patience but one of the best attacks around. I really like Smith, he's a true player.

KP on the other hand is so fluent, he's fearless and he does what he wants. He's so attacking and has all the shots. Like KP has already said his conversion rate is brilliant which I always say is the true sign of a class player. KP is a brilliant player, and will finish the game as one of the best to have ever played it. But Smith won't finish too far behind.

Too close to call for me!!

KP plays ridiculously stupid shots ALL THE TIME. Granted he does make a few runs before that but he clearly lacks the temperament of Graeme Smith.

Users who are viewing this thread