Graphics Card

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thanks for the update. A noob-ish question here - I see that a single model is associated with multiple companies. For example in case of 650, I have Forsa, ZOTAC, Asus, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, MSI and Palit to choose from. The price difference is marginal (anywhere between 500 to 1.5k INR). Will there a difference (performance related) if I choose ZOTAC over the others or vice versa?

And yes, I won't be playing any resource-demanding games like the one you mentioned above. DBC17 is the only one I care about. So I don't need to worry about future-proofing too :)
There's barely a difference between them in terms of performance unless it's an OC edition in which the card is clocked a bit higher. The most basic difference between them is in the cooling system and power efficiency. Good luck. :)

kushari

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If it's not too much trouble and if your friend is also playing the DBC17 demo, could you perhaps ask him how the 750 TI is handling DBC17? I know optimization isn't a part of the current demo but I'm curious to know the performance of the card as I'm seriously considering purchasing one. I don't play that many games now but my primary requirement is to be able to play DBC17 smoothly.

I am using GTX 750Ti for DBC17 Demo and it is running butter smooth (As of now). Cant predict about the experience on 750Ti for the final product though.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Cant predict about the experience on 750Ti for the final product though

Thanks for the confirmation. That's the dilemma I'm facing currently. My heart says go for it right away and play the demo but my head says wait till launch and then make an informed choice.

Pat

International Coach
Thanks for the confirmation. That's the dilemma I'm facing currently. My heart says go for it right away and play the demo but my head says wait till launch and then make an informed choice.

If it helps, I got 750Ti too (bought it since my older GeForce no longer runs DBC17 demo because of DirectX requirements) and the demo runs very smooth. It is very likely that 750Ti will be able to run DBC 17 at-least on Medium (if not Medium-High) settings

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
After a bit of research, I'm now considering buying the GTX 950 since the price difference between that and 750 TI isn't that much (< 2K INR). The performance gain also appears to be about 20% more so it looks like a great deal in terms of value for money.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After a bit of research, I'm now considering buying the GTX 950 since the price difference between that and 750 TI isn't that much (< 2K INR). The performance gain also appears to be about 20% more so it looks like a great deal in terms of value for money.
Good decision about going for a 950 mate but I hope you haven't bought it yet as the 1050 is right aroud the corner, releasing around 26th Oct in India and it starts from 10k INR as confirmed by Nvidia India.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Nice. Good thing that I waited a bit longer. Articles about 1050 do seem to be good so far.

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

smasta

Club Captain
Very very tempted to brag here :) sorry can't help :D.
Have GTX1080 with Intel i7-6700K and I hope DBC17 will fly on it even with 4K monitor. First time will be having any cricket game on my PC if you exclude academy.
Have built this system for flight sims though.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

smasta

Club Captain
Not yet any, thinking of 970 second hand.
I would say 970 would be a great option. I had Gigabyte version before my current system. I was able to run game like Rise of tomb raider, Batman Arkham knight, Witcher 3: Wild Hunt etc without any hiccups on 4k monitor.

BRAB

International Coach
My 970 still works well if you're just aiming for a 1080p machine. For context.

Users who are viewing this thread