ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When I checked the score on my break at work I was in complete shock, I knew we wouldn't win but I didn't expect us to bat this badly.

As for the innings break think of it this way:

If the break was delayed because NZ only required 12 to win and they knocked off the runs and then it started to pour down with persistent rain resulting in the match being abandoned, England would've been robbed of a point.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
i hope that if rain is around, the rules would allow for them to change the schedule to get in at least 20 overs for a result - i think the england team would find getting a point in that sort of way quite humiliating

although the rules didn't allow for them to finish a game with a team needing twelve more to win, they probably don't

S

Satan666

Always great to see fast bowling at its optimum. Posted elsewhere that the NZ bowling attack is better than South Africa, and the chief weapon in the amery Milne hasn't come of age as yet.

Unbelievable stuff from McCullum as well.

Total domination!

DBC14 Rocks

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
New Zealand are off to the perfect start so far in this world cup. New Zealand should have no problem beating remaining low ranked teams in the pool, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. I believe that New Zealand could also beat Australia too. Sri Lanka are still pretty much still live in this world cup but, will have to strongly improve to be a massive threat later in this world cup. England are off to a terrible start but it's not to late yet for them to try to change things around. Australia will have a lot of pressure on them to perform well in this world cup, but they are certainly not the team they once were. I think New Zealand will finish the group on top because of their form so far. New Zealand are certainly a massive threat to win this world cup at the moment and i think they could win it too.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
England will win the World Cup :p

Pakistan too were in a similar situation way back in 1992, although Morgan is nowhere near charismatic as the former Pakistan captain.

------

Jokes apart, this English team is just 2 defeats away from being knocked out. If Bangladesh/Scotland/ Afghanistan gets win over them, which looks probable given their current form, it could be bye-bye England.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Australia v Bangladesh is unlikely to be played because of a cyclone.

I'm looking forward to Australia v New Zealand. That looks like it could be a cracker, like this mad series: Australia tour of New Zealand 2006/07 | Cricket news, live scores, fixtures, features and statistics on ESPN Cricinfo

Whoa. That means Bangladesh will get a lucky point from a game that everyone knows they would lose for sure. And with England being smashed by both Australia and NZ, it will help Bangladesh if they get this shared point. Bangladesh will sit on 3 pts after 2 games whereas England sits on 0 pts after 2 games.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Whoa. That means Bangladesh will get a lucky point from a game that everyone knows they would lose for sure. And with England being smashed by both Australia and NZ, it will help Bangladesh if they get this shared point. Bangladesh will sit on 3 pts after 2 games whereas England sits on 0 pts after 2 games.
I don't think Bangladesh have anything to worry about. I can't see England getting a win from anywhere at the moment. Scotland gave New Zealand more of a game than we did last night. We've always been terrible at ODIs but we seem especially crap in this tournament.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Mitchell Johnson said that he will see the video footage of Bangladeshi players to see their technique of playing and their weaknesses etc. He said that they will not take the coming match lightly

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
I guess all teams do that same thing because world cup is not just a cup of tea. If you take things lightly, you'll have to deal the upsets.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
NZ certainly delivering on their pre WC form, look forward to the game on Saturday should be a cracker.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Common sense really taking a beating - yesterday we get a lunch break with 12 runs to get, and today we get a game abandoned because they can't just play it another day when Bangladesh next play on Thursday and Australia next play on Saturday.

It's not like the tournament isn't long enough.

This will seriously harm Australia's chances against NZ - they go in with great form and 3 matches so far, while Australia have two weeks off.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
the group is shaping up as I thought:

Aus
NZ
ENG
SL

That's how I see qualification progressing. Will be interesting to see SL V ENG

Users who are viewing this thread