World Cup Group A - Pool Matches Discussion Thread

If you just do basic predictions based on the team's forms so far, it is clear that the match between Eng and Ban will be a virtual QF. This is assuming that both teams score wins against Afghanistan and Scotland. In the event that the Eng v Ban game is washed away, Ban will proceed from this group.

Tough times ahead for the Poms as Collingwood has started played mind-games ahead of the Scottish clash.

the group is shaping up as I thought:

Aus
NZ
ENG
SL

That's how I see qualification progressing. Will be interesting to see SL V ENG

Are you serious? Bangladesh is currently No.3 with 3 pts and England are languishing at the bottom with two thrashing losses.

I think

NZ
Aus
SL
Ban

This, I agree!

Are you serious? Bangladesh is currently No.3 with 3 pts and England are languishing at the bottom with two thrashing losses.

This, I agree!

You genuinely believe Bangladesh will qualify over England? Eng have lost the matches I thought they would, to the two best sides in the tournament. The only reason Bangladesh have that extra point is because the weather helped them out.

I dont see how Bangldesh will beat any one of ENG/SL/NZ.

Whereas Eng should beat SL and Bang and AFG and Scotland. That's enough to see them through.[DOUBLEPOST=1424547924][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think Bangladesh will beat England.

If I was a gambling man, I'd bet my uni tuition fees on Eng winning

You genuinely believe Bangladesh will qualify over England? Eng have lost the matches I thought they would, to the two best sides in the tournament. The only reason Bangladesh have that extra point is because the weather helped them out.

I dont see how Bangldesh will beat any one of ENG/SL/NZ.

Whereas Eng should beat SL and Bang and AFG and Scotland. That's enough to see them through.[DOUBLEPOST=1424547924][/DOUBLEPOST]

If I was a gambling man, I'd bet my uni tuition fees on Eng winning

I hope you're right. England are broken at the moment though. Rumours flying around about Moores' job won't be helping. The good thing is, I'm pretty certain that Scotland and Afghanistan can't beat us.

No one is shocked that England lost to those two teams: if they had scored somewhere near what the opposing teams got then people wouldn't have minded. The fact that they got bowled up for 230 chasing 350 and then got bowled out for 120 against New Zealand, when Scotland managed 140, is why people are talking about England not qualifying.

They shouldn't have a NRR of -4 - that all buts eliminates them anyway if they get a game rained out and it ends up a tie with them and Bangladesh

That's it - I certainly wasn't expecting us to beat Australia or New Zealand but the humiliation they suffered in those two games was unexpected. I can't see us winning all four of our remaining games.

AFG strike early. Interesting to see Karunaratne walk in instead of Jaya at no.4. Shielding Jaya from the early conditions ?

Well ... this game is still on then .. superb pace from afghan bowlers.

You would still expect SL to chase this, but AFG have already made their mark

Afg is looking pretty good, SL might just scrape through here. Really cant call these teams minnows again, their standard of play is right up there with some of the test playing nations

Sl and Afg have similar kit colours, aint there some law for this?

I don't see SL losing from here. But Afghans did marvelously well with the bowl at the beginning. With Mahela & Mathews or either MJ or Mathews staying at the pitch with some assistant from the tail, SL has all that benefit of having great finishers of the game, plus inexperienced Afg bowling would not cause any harm to them in death overs I think.

Users who are viewing this thread