Group B - 9th Match Netherslands v Pakistan

nikhil_99

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
If Pak wins today with a small margin they have a Negative Net RR of -2,so in that case a win wont help,they need to win it by a big margin...Otherwise they will be out of competition.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
@Skater

I'm pretty sure that if Pakistan bat first and say make 160, Holland will still have to get to a certain score. Probably around 120.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I don't like Pakistan openers!!
I still they think should open with Afridi because he can be good in the powerplays

Last edited:

CoolzEng45

Club Cricketer
I think i feeling Holland will won today .... if pakistan opener fired up with afraidi

Gurjot95

National Board President
Originally Posted by Cricinfo
"It won't be a disaster even if we exit before the Super Eights," said Younis. "It would be sad if we don't make it, but I have never attached too much importance to Twenty20 cricket, as it is fun cricket
It is quote of the day on Star Cricket.

NRR is the difference between your run rate and the run rate of your opposition.

Netherlands: FOR=163/20, AGAINST=162/20
Pakistan: FOR=137/20, AGAINST=185/20

If you're bowled out, the full allotment of 20 overs is used for calculating your run rate.

The Netherlands run rate is essentially 0 at the moment, whereas Pakistan have to make up a deficit of almost 2 and a half runs.

If Pakistan bat first, they need to win by at least 25 runs.
If Netherlands bats first, and
- they score 100, Pakistan must chase it down in 16.3 overs
- they score 150, Pakistan must chase it down in 17.0 overs
- they score 175, Pakistan must chase it down in 17.1 overs
- they score 200, Pakistan must chase it down in 17.2 overs

So Pakistan basically needs to chase their target down in around 16-17 overs... which they would back themselves to do against the Netherlands. I think Pakistan would rather bowl first, in that case.
BTW here is the calculation which sohum did.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan are batting first, so they are going to have to win by more then 25 runs.

Arunava

Club Captain
they won't be able to make more than 160, and holland will get very close, may win or if they lose, the difference will be < 10

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The game could be decided at the toss. If Holland win the toss, surely regardless of the conditions they will bowl first. Then when they bat all they have to do is block out more than 16 overs. And they're through. Is that right?
Nope, that is incorrect. Your overs faced for the purpose of NRR calculation is the full overs available (20, in this case) if you get bowled out or play out your overs. Netherlands will have to make a certain amount of runs for their 20 overs to pip Pakistan by NRR. If Pakistan had batted first they'd have to chase down the total in a certain number of overs.

I'm surprised Pakistan are batting first after winning the toss. I think Netherlands would have had trouble putting a decent score up (what is decent, for example) and would have struggled with the accuracy of Umar Gul. I don't think the Netherlands would have made more than about 160 batting first, which Pakistan could feasibly chase down in about 17 overs (if they deserved to go through and play the big boys).

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Dirk Nannes is bowling bloody quick, he just got timed a 94mph. Also this pitch has some very nice carry and bounce, it makes the game better to watch I feel.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
80th six in the tournament hit by Kamran Akmal :)

Pakistan doing decently, but its only the Dutch, I wonder why we couldn't play like this in England.

How does such a different Pakistan team show up in 2 days.. Hmm

zMario added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

OMG there's actually Netherlands fans!

zMario added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Kamran Akmal... six over extra cover?

Excellent shot

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
80th six in the tournament hit by Kamran Akmal :)

Pakistan doing decently, but its only the Dutch, I wonder why we couldn't play like this in England.

How does such a different Pakistan team show up in 2 days.. Hmm

zMario added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

OMG there's actually Netherlands fans!

zMario added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Kamran Akmal... six over extra cover?

Excellent shot

LOL, did you not see the first game. Holland have plenty of support.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan have had a good start here looks like they'll get a decent score here probably 170.
Could be a good match this.

Users who are viewing this thread