Haddin to Captain Australia A

VICTORIAN cricket coach Greg Shipperd will seek an urgent meeting with the national selectors after Bushrangers skipper Cameron White was yesterday overlooked for the Australia A squad.

White, 22, was stripped of his Cricket Australia contract this week and received further bad news yesterday when South Australia spin duo Daniel Cullen, 22, and Cullen Bailey, 21, were chosen ahead of him in a 14-man squad.

Shipperd said he would make his feelings known to Australian selection chairman Andrew Hilditch and fellow selectors Merv Hughes and David Boon.

"We are very confused about it," Shipperd said. "He [White] is a work in progress and he is improving. If the Australian selectors can't see that, I think we have a major disagreement."

You don't see NSW asking for Bollinger to be added to the ODI format, typical Victoria. White is not a work in progress, hes going nowhere fast. Cullen Bailey and Doran are better leggies than White.

Shipperd is a huge sook. He was fined for doing something stupid in an ING Cup game last season against Tasmania. Grow up, you baby.

what do you expect they're victorians....they always have a cry when things dont go their way.

i cannot believe Shipperd even thought White ahead of Cullen and Bailey...that is ludacris...White has to be one of the worst leggies ive seen play a game of int'l cricket.

i am looking forward to seeing Haddin and the rest of the team when they arrive in Cairns in july, my home, for the top end series - i will not be missing a game :D

Users who are viewing this thread