Story Hampton Central CC - A True Underdog Story [Battrick]

I must say you've got an excellent starting squad, assuming you haven't got yourself into debt by buying the good players. I'd sell Athertonham if I were you.

Larry Rautenbach - 18 yo, BT Rating=5,198
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

You've got too many fitness nets. 5 is too many. Reduce it to 3 and hire two more bowling coaches or one bat, one bowl. This guy can be a legend for your team if you train him well. 2 bowling nets for him should be the minimum.

But you've got to sell someone. You're losing 10k in interest! I was in a situation like this when I started but I sold my way out of it. It could get tricky. You'll lose your team when you hit -300k.

rickyp said:
would it be worthwhile to put a stamina and batting net on him and use him properly?
Nope. I say, sell him and Payne, and let Scott keep wicket.

rickyp, could you do me a favour please. As you might know, I've designed a spreadsheet that calculates how many FAs you need. Since you're in debt, you have to pay 5% of your debt each week in interest. You're paying ?10236 in interest now. According to my projected calculations, if you hire one financial advisor, the interest will be reduced to ?8291. That's a saving of ?1945. You pay the FA ?1500 in wages, so you will save ?445 by hiring one FA.

If you could just check if I'm right by hiring one FA and see if the interest is reduced to ?8291, then I'll know that my calculations are right, and I can produce a more advanced spreadsheet for those who are in debt.

work out the % ive got on that interest right now, and ill put one on so you can see what it is next week

im going to sell athers right now, ill put him on the market for 225000, even though i know that is way over priced, it will probs be sold since anything proficient goes for rudiculous prices now days

I think I've cracked it. See my FA calculator thread and work out how many you need. Surprisingly, they are of little use when you're in debt.

Chambers to Beeston Town

Hampton Central opening batsman, Ben Chambers, has played a major role in the financial recovory of the club after being sold today to Beeston Town for $150,000. Chambers has been in struggling form since the start of the season averaging 17 from his 8 matches and some say that the amount paid was strongly over priced. 28 year old veteran Caleb Hamilton will stand in as opening batsmen until the end of the season and hopeful end of financial troubles has been resolved.

I wouldn't say that. He had worthless stamina. If you had trained his stamina up a bit , he could have been a very good player for you. However, I suppose in your situation the money is better.

Hampton Central Overcome Aussie_Gangsta Might

In a must win match for Hampton Central, a man of the match 4 wicket performance from Rautenbach has saved the day for the Blues leading them to a comfortable 61 run win.

Click Here for Scorecard

Last edited:
Good victory.Have you climbed any spots on the table.The last time I looked,you were in serious danger of being relegated.

If i win the next game, i will move from 8th - 6th avoiding relegation, the teams in 7th and 6th are both playing against the top two teams, and the team 5th, since being replaced by a new manager hasnt won a game and has been convincingly thrashed by everyone it plays so i will be bitterly dissapointed if a lose.

Cmon Rickyp Lead your team to Glory. Hows the finances going getting out of debt much?

im currently 90 grand out of pocket, which will hopefully be at least near fixed next week after my home game (but not likely)

A little Advice, Stop GFI!

Its going to Drain all your players Fitness, and then they play like Crap. Trust me I've had the Experience. :p

Users who are viewing this thread