Harbhajan cleared of racism charges

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Seems like this is the latest dish from Cricinfo. Both sides seem content, as well, so it looks like the controversy can finally be put behind us.

Interesting. Seems he wasn't completely cleared, but was fined instead. Perhaps they took his Hindi excuse and fined him for offensive language instead?

Yes, he was charged on a level 2 offence and it was reduced from level 3. It was clear that he used offensive language but it was not clear on the racism bit. So the sensible thing has been done.

I think the key is that there was no clinching evidence of racial abuse, so the compromise verdict was upheld.

Good way to save face for the ICC while not making Mike Proctor look like a total ass.

Good call. Anyways, I cant see what is so racise about the word 'monkey'.

I think a sensible decision has been reached. There was areport few days back that CA might pull back the complaint as the hearing would have started and it looks like that Australian players might have also supported the decision to end the fiasco once for all.

Now both teams can look forward to some intresting cricket and hopefully Sreesanth will not be a joker on field.

Thats weak.
He should have been banned based on that audio.

What audio? I know that there was news going back a few days that new audio evidence was to be entered into the hearing for the appeal and if that it was true and the audio supported either case, I'm sure Justice Hansen would have taken it into account. The fact that he concluded that there was no factual evidence for the racial abuse claim should mean something and I think he was right to fine Harbhajan for retorting offensively, if he hurt Symonds' feelings or sensitivities, as it seems.

Well the players have moved on then why cant everyone here move on as well.

its because the reason there calling him a monkey is due to the colour of his skin that is racist.

AS seen on that stupid show an aussie goes bolly the indian fans had signs like this in the crowd an chants
HOW COME MONKEY(SYMONDS) IN TEAM OF KANGAROOS big signs
And sounded like they were chanting GO HOME MONKEY an MONKEY SUX

Proves there singalling him out as hes the only person that colour in our team = RACIST

But if u still cant understand or wish to believe that you never will so back on topic

pretty sure he said it, aussies still believe he said it but it happened ages ago there over it now an just want to get on with the cricket so accepted the lighter penalty an get on with playing.

So i suppose players can go out and be racist towards each other now...

As long as more than 5 of the opposing team players dont hear, nor the umpires.

Fairly obvious decision really, innocent until proven guilty but from the audio it seems he's guilty to me, but then they can't just go off what it seems like because unless theres evidence of him calling him a monkey they obviously can't convict him, and the audio had everything but the calling him a monkey so they have to assume he's not guilty.

So i suppose players can go out and be racist towards each other now...

As long as more than 5 of the opposing team players dont hear, nor the umpires.
Stop polluting the argument with your bias. You cannot prove someone guilty without solid evidence. As I've said over and over again, it's far better to let a guilty man go free than wrongly convict an innocent man.

Users who are viewing this thread