Hayden's 'weed' comment adds fuel to fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an absolute legend Hayden is. There should be more men like him in the game.

Haha, this is hilarious. If the Indians want to make a big deal out of this little comment then let it get to their heads. Its not racist or anything so their should be no crying. I think the Indians are just trying to make something out of nothing here. :rolleyes:

Not everything has to be about race. When a comment is made in poor taste it should be discredited and shunned.

Hayden didn't start this war, he's only adding to it, and he's right in my opinion. Harbhajan came out all guns firing from the very start, saying that he was going to fight back against the Aussies' sledging, then complained about bullying tactics when things weren't going his way (Australia's ODI tour of India last year) then when he came to Australia he tried sledging and almost got suspended for racism.

He is the one who needs to learn when to speak and when not to, because he can't match his talk with very much at all.

This war of words is nothing more than a ploy to incense the Indians and to get more public interest in the series. Getting upset about this is overreactive.

Hayden didn't start this war, he's only adding to it, and he's right in my opinion. Harbhajan came out all guns firing from the very start, saying that he was going to fight back against the Aussies' sledging, then complained about bullying tactics when things weren't going his way (Australia's ODI tour of India last year) then when he came to Australia he tried sledging and almost got suspended for racism.

He is the one who needs to learn when to speak and when not to, because he can't match his talk with very much at all.

This war of words is nothing more than a ploy to incense the Indians and to get more public interest in the series. Getting upset about this is overreactive.

No it's not. If you can't see that it's meant to egg the opposition into doing something stupid and pursue the extremely ungentlemanly tactic of getting under someone's skin to cause 'mental disintegration' than I would question your comprehension skills. It's meant to cause Indians getting upset.

To be sure there is absolutely nothing noble and correct from going on the offensive and placing obstacles in someone's path when we are supposed to play a game that's based on fairness and gentlemanly conduct.

OH and the comment on not being able to take getting sledged and bullied goes both ways. I can admit that Harbhajan may be a hothead and that he may not be the ideal character, but nothing justifies Hayden's comments.

No it's not. If you can't see that it's meant to egg the opposition into doing something stupid and pursue the extremely ungentlemanly tactic of getting under someone's skin to cause 'mental disintegration' than I would question your comprehension skills. It's meant to cause Indians getting upset.

To be sure there is absolutely nothing noble and correct from going on the offensive and placing obstacles in someone's path when we are supposed to play a game that's based on fairness and gentlemanly conduct.

OH and the comment on not being able to take getting sledged and bullied goes both ways. I can admit that Harbhajan may be a hothead and that he may not be the ideal character, but nothing justifies Hayden's comments.
And if you read what I wrote then you wouldn't have needed to repeat what I said.

Hayden's comments are absolutely nothing to get upset about, because both sides have been throwing everything at each other.

Sledging is very much a part of cricket and unless it becomes racist, I have no problem with it and neither should you.

Whatever Australia says is pure Gold. Anyone who argues it is mindless looser. They can call you weed, bad boy, mad boy etc and you should take it as compliment cos thats what they think they are giving. They will say you dont have heart, give every bit of batting advice when you are batting and you should just follow those advices cos they are world champs.

Even English and Kiwi supporters will rally behind Aussies and everyone should bow to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, its not that he called singh a weed its just Haydos is my favourite player and its cool that he has some attitude

New weed
Singh: A very obnoxious weed which you cant get the difference between being racist and sledging.

DO NOT USE THIS DRUG!!

Last edited:
LOOK
Remember Sreesanth in India? all fiery and rough
When he comes to australia- He's all quiet and ince.
I think the home team all ways sledges more.

ICC need to take more control of indians and aussies there the same as each other!

Funny how Hayden, a bloke who's strike rate is resembling Dravid's this series, and Bhajji, who has taken as many wickets as George Bush's witty comments, seem to have continued the war of words/sledging ... i'm getting the sense that both are venting frustration due to a lack of individual success... meh. What Hayden thinks doesn't matter. I mean Wasim Akram called the aussies the dirtiest players when he was playing and no one really reacted. Same should go with Hayden's comment.

I wonder how oz fans here will take if harbhajan calls 'den as 'mady rotten' or ' a stinking gardener'. LOL.

Funny how Hayden, a bloke who's strike rate is resembling Dravid's this series, and Bhajji, who has taken as many wickets as George Bush's witty comments, seem to have continued the war of words/sledging ... i'm getting the sense that both are venting frustration due to a lack of individual success... meh. What Hayden thinks doesn't matter. I mean Wasim Akram called the aussies the dirtiest players when he was playing and no one really reacted. Same should go with Hayden's comment.
So when did 42 off 50, 25 off 21 & 54 off 62 become slow in ODI's? You also forgot the 3 centuries he made in the Test series?

The reason the Kiwi's & English are rallying behind the Aussies is become they (much like the rest of the world) are sick and tired of India whinging over the studpiest things and getting away with things that they deserved to be punished for.

What Hayden said was completely 100% correct. Couldn't of sumed it up better.

And if you read what I wrote then you wouldn't have needed to repeat what I said.

Hayden's comments are absolutely nothing to get upset about, because both sides have been throwing everything at each other.

Sledging is very much a part of cricket and unless it becomes racist, I have no problem with it and neither should you.

Ah the condescension, but it wouldn't be a post from you if there wasn't a supercilious remark like the ones concerning my reading abilities and your posts.

Nonetheless, I recall that a certain Sir Don Bradman himself was against sledging. Since when is sledging a part of cricket? And why should I not have a problem with it? You speak for my interests a little too freely.

As for me speaking for my own interests I'm not really against the kind of sledging that stays only with relation with cricket (something like, oh your average is only in the single figures this series. Or maybe, 'oh look the captain's comming out to bat-he can't let down the entire nation of South Africa. The expectations of 42 million people all on his shoulders.' as Kumar Sangakkara sledged Pollock.)

The moment sledging turns into a personal insult, I'd consider it an extremely pathetic act.

Um didnt sreesanth have something to say about australia before he even came here an u guys were suprised there was no massive reaction from aussies.
Dont know if u ever told us exactly what was said but if we knew we would be upset an the indian supporters were proud of sreesanth for saying it an thought it was good.

It was no big deal we dont pay any attention to crap like that just laugh it off.

Now someone says some silly little childish comment an your crying about it.
Yet most of u all agree bhaji is annoying.

OMG the great wasim akram called us the dirtiest players.
Thats an absolute disgrace, thats an insult on not just 1 player our whole team, an everyone thats ever played for australia :boxing
incase u cant tell im being sarcastic.

We dont give a stuff whats said about us we will prove ourselves on the scoreboards.
But if its racist that is completely unnacceptable so ofcourse then we care.
Other that its useless words that have no effect on us an can even be used to fire us up an play even better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread