Help for a PC noob

formula1man

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am buying my own laptop soon, so i will now be allowed to play PC games. The PC version of AC09 looks much better editing wise and we may now not get a console patch.

So i am hoping to play AC09 on my laptop i will be buying. I am wandering what the minimum spec would be to play it smoothly and well. I am also wandering how much extra this will cost me rather than a normal laptop.

Also i am wandering if anyone can give me directions on how i would install the following:
BETA patch 1
BETA patch 2
AC09 player editor
International Roster v1.51
HowsDAT
USRSTAT

thanks in advance.

beta patch 1 and 2 is easy to install,just run those Exe and follow the instruction.

Ac 09 Player Editor:-no install required,o run the program you will need the .net 3.5 framework. other details is in AC09 Player Editor Readme

International Roster v1.51:-download the rar file first,unrar it and put the User.Dat in "MyDocuments\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009"

for HowsDAT :-
Instructions:
1. Unzip/Unrar the program in any folder you like.
2. Run HowsDAT.exe.
3. Select a save game file (.DAT) by clicking on "Browse...".
4. Adjust the settings you wish to change using the slider and click "Save".
As you change the slider, the checkbox next to it will get checked.
The checkboxes allow you to select which settings you want to update in your game.
Before clicking save, make sure you have only those checkboxes checked for settings
you want updated. e.g. leave the Ball wear checkbox unchecked if you don't
want to update ball wear in the game or leave the Bowler confidence unchecked if
you want it to remain unchanged.

i cant seem to find the Graphic solution on that Lappy. Can u check and tell which GPU does it have ???

I have seen this dell laptop.If you wanna buy for cheaper price go for ACER.
I have these NVIDIA? GeForce? G105M - 512MB .Game is working great now.
I suggest you to take at least 15 Inch Laptop.Less than that won't be good for playing game

just make sure laptop is a dual core or higher & make sure laptop has a 256bit video card , 2 gig of ram should be enough

I think ashes 09 users Shader 3.0 (most new video cards have shader 3.0)

laptops aint really for gaming unless u buy a $2500 laptop

maybe buy a cheap laptop for $400 & then make a desktop with the $800

this a good online aussie PC seller, never had any problems with them

Price Point Computers

btw: Toshiba, Asus & sony make very good laptops steer clear of the cheaper brands

I am thinking of purchasing a Toshiba A300 which comes with an ATI Radeon 3650 graphics card.
Can anyone tell me if this will run AC09 smoothly please??

Get one with a Radeon HD 4870 or better/newer (probably Nvidia GeForce 9 or 8 series is the equivalent). I have the 4870 and it runs AC09 pretty good but the game lags like hell when in catching mode with the crowd on.

Also, if you're looking for a gaming laptop, Alienware is the choice. Its a bucket-full of money to spend but its worth it. Just goes to show a desktop computer is better.

Last edited:
It exists! :eek:
I'm fine with it actually, no slow-downs or lazy data transfer, its just my graphics card that's handling the extreme AC09 graphics. Maybe I should start running it at 800x600.

Attachments

• dxdiag.JPG
    dxdiag.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
It exists! :eek:
I'm fine with it actually, no slow-downs or lazy data transfer, its just my graphics card that's handling the extreme AC09 graphics. Maybe I should start running it at 800x600.

whoa!!!
but 4870 with p4 is a bottleneck :facepalm(it has no relation to the slow downs or lazy data transfer:p)

Users who are viewing this thread