Horror Day for Eduardo

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Arsenal striker Eduardo da Silva suffered an horrific broken leg in the opening minutes of the Premier League clash with Birmingham.

The Croatia international was challenged by Birmingham's Martin Taylor in the third minute of the game at St Andrews with the centre-back being shown an immediate red card by referee Mike Dean.

Eduardo's clearly distressed team-mates immediately signalled to the sidelines that urgent attention was required and the game was held up for seven minutes as he received treatment on the field.

The injury was deemed to be so serious that replays of the incident were not shown on television.

Photographs of the challenge and the immediate aftermath suggest the injury is similar to the break suffered by Manchester United forward Alan Smith during their FA Cup defeat at Liverpool in 2006.

Eduardo is now facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines and is certain to miss the remainder of this campaign and Croatia's Euro 2008 challenge in the summer.

After being stretchered off the field, he was immediately taken to hospital for further treatment.

The Brazil-born striker moved to Emirates Stadium from Dinamo Zagreb last summer and had scored 12 goals in his first 30 appearances for Arsene Wenger's side.

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5620/1963628uj6ww4gp4.jpg

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3185899,00.html

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
If you're gonna quote an article from Sky Sports, add a link.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Broken ankle, shin and tibia.
VERY unlikely he'll play again.

Very dis-similar to Alan Smiths. Smith broke his ankle and dislocated a bone in his shin I believe. Eduardo's is far more serious.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
My mistake. You did add a link.

I'll maintain optimism that he will return. And, if he does, he must not be rushed.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
And 2 days before his Birthday :(
Its not as bad as Busst's after I have seen the clips but itsworse if you know what I mean. Busst's was a lot easier to put back together, but Eduardo has broken his ankle area (Tibia etc..) and there are many bones in that area, and it will be a miracle if the surgeons can get them all back in the right places. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had to have his foot amputated.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
i reckon thats his career over but i have no sympathy did anyone give a crap when Alan Smith bust his leg no so why should I

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I would just like to send my best wishes to Eduardo. It's a terrible thing if he can't play again, he's only just getting into his stride in the Premiership.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Tbh, I think his footballing career is the last thing on his mind right now. He'll be thinking about having a fully functional walking leg again right now.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
ouch that gotta hurt bye bye career tough luck tho

morson93

Club Cricketer
Tbh, I think his footballing career is the last thing on his mind right now. He'll be thinking about having a fully functional walking leg again right now.

Yeh Im Agreeing There Pall, I Think He'll Wana Walk More Then Play Football At This Time.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
i reckon thats his career over but i have no sympathy did anyone give a crap when Alan Smith bust his leg no so why should I

ouch that gotta hurt bye bye career tough luck tho

WTF dude, seriously, shut the hell up!

Anybody seen the other image of the bone pointing our his sock, its sickening! No wonder they couldnt show the replays on telly last night when i was watching it live.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
that is the worst ever injury i have ever seen poor soul...Hope he comes back and that will be a great thing....this is the saddest day in history of a footballer...Hope this injury doesn't take place even to a enemy ....

Good Wishes with You Eduardo...Get Well Soon

Users who are viewing this thread