How are you doing in Cricket Coach 2009?

Playing an England save at the moment and I just played the 1st test of the Ashes.

First off I played the West Indies tour. The first test, after bowling so incredibly well (Harmison took 11 wickets in that match) the batting was abysmal. Skittled out 56. The second test, the bowling was brilliant once again. The batting had improved and I managed get my first win.

The ODi's were good. Won the series 2-1. None of the matches were particularly outstanding but they were solid wins. Onions was brilliant with the ball and really just owned.

Then came the T20 World Cup. After a solid win vs Netherlands, I started experiencing some problems. The bug that auto selected my line up (making Strauss keeper and playing 4 bowlers) didn't help at all, and in fact caused my demise. Pakistan managed a whopping 278 which I attempted to chase with a 218 all out. At least I made the record books :p. Pakistan thankfully beat Netherlands and I got through to the Super 8's. I won the first game vs Windies, absolutely demolishing the batting line up to 86 all out. One batsman managed to give them a half decent score. Then the next to games saw me get owned. I was out of the T20 World cup.

Then came the Ashes. I've only played the 1st test so far. Australia were put into bat by me and made an average total. They got 262 all out and Rashid was the best bowler with 3 wickets. Then I was batting terribly, but Cook and Flintoff were at the crease. They managed to get 75 and 137 respectably to give me a good score. Rashid also added a nice 46. Then Australia were batting again and everything went right for me. Australia bowled out for 84. Onions got 4-56 and Jones dealt with the tail with 4-10. Owned. :D

My line up:

1. A Strauss *
2. A Cook
3. R Bopara
4. K Pietersen
5. P Collingwood
6. M Prior +
7. A Flintoff
8. A Rashid
9. S Jones
10. S Harmison
11. G Onions

Strauss and Cook are very inconsistent. They'll either get 80 odd or 10. Neither really get huge scores. Both are capable of solid scores but only get them sometimes

Bopara is even more inconsistent but he's capable of getting mamoth scores. He'll either get 0 or 200 lol. He is capable of being absolute awesome but sometimes just fails straight away.

KP was injured for a bit so hasn't really had much of a chance to show me what's he got. So far he's just got average scores, hasn't really got a big score yet.

Colly is reliable. He can get solid scores to sort out an innings. Same with Flintoff. If I'm in a bad position, they'll come in and sort it out.

Rashid is very economical and gets wickets too. He's done very well so far. Also he can get runs as well.

Jones, Harmison and Onions are all capable of getting 5fers or more, and literally take it turns every game lol.

Dr. Pepper added 12 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

The 2nd test was just as awesome. Harmison in the first innings then Onions in the second. Just absolute ownage. Shame that my batting sucks though. Oh well, still won :D.

s2xytu.jpg

Warner opening! No wonder you are skittling them every time! That is poor A.I! Unless extreme injuries.:spy

England are vastly over-rated in this game.

No, seriously.

I'm going to remember this post, and when we win the Ashes by absolutely crushing the Convict-country, i'm gunna remind you! ;)

how im doing? purchased full version but i keep getting error which is familiar with most cricket coach 2009.exe has stopped working and still dunno why it's giving that error message.:noway

how im doing? purchased full version but i keep getting error which is familiar with most cricket coach 2009.exe has stopped working and still dunno why it's giving that error message.:noway

The problem is now fixed, everybody i'm sure would love to know!

Been playing abit more of this today, with my England save. I've now completed the Pakistan Test series, and Onions had a majestic series, and is a complete gun with the ball. He's taken 70 Test wickets at 17.50 with 5 Five Wicket hauls and 3 10 wicket match hauls. Here's the records page of the best figures since I took over as Coach, and they're dominated by Onions. What a player.

EngRec.jpg

Just annoying that the battings completely failing. Seem to get 1 player play a decent innings, but Pietersen's been rubbish. His Test average has dropped to 46, Prior's got the highest Test average in the side ffs.

Overall, are you seeing an improvement with CC09 as the editions go on?

Is 3.03 better than 3.01? Information like this helps, so I'd love to know so I can keep track of how people are finding it.

Dan, head on over to the CC forums, we've got a forum for such, I mean post here first obviously, just makes it easier to keep track of and Oli doesn't overly check PC, just now and again.

Not a lot of strong reviews from the game here - not many people seem to be liking it. Is 3.03 a fix for the constant crashing KP?

Not a lot of strong reviews from the game here - not many people seem to be liking it. Is 3.03 a fix for the constant crashing KP?

Has a problem and a major one i saved my IPL season then later on came back home tried to load the game again but it did not, had this as an error message! Imageshack - 87381777 hope this can be fixed asap!

Has a problem and a major one i saved my IPL season then later on came back home tried to load the game again but it did not, had this as an error message! Imageshack - 87381777 hope this can be fixed asap!

As I've mentioned on the Cricket Coach forums, I've looked into this problem personally, and yes, it does crash for me.

Oli is working on it, and will give me a status update tomorrow, hopefully early afternoon.

Other than a few crashes now, the game is pretty much up to standard, I for one am very happy with it now.

Yeah I've only played one game but I've enjoyed it that's for sure. Started of a domestic comp and ND :D

During the off-season though both Trent Boult and Brent Arnel broke there legs, so they're out for four months. First game was against Central Districts and Armit Mishra was playing. Batting first we were 110-5 before McGlashan smacked 93 off 122. Three sixes to. Williamson was out for 10, but he did hit Mishra for two fours straight back over his head. Such class haha.

So far so good.

As I've mentioned on the Cricket Coach forums, I've looked into this problem personally, and yes, it does crash for me.

Oli is working on it, and will give me a status update tomorrow, hopefully early afternoon.

Other than a few crashes now, the game is pretty much up to standard, I for one am very happy with it now.

I am really itching to buy it, but am not going to pay 40 bucks for something that knowingly has errors, and crashes.

Last edited:
I am really itching to buy it, but am not going to pay $40 bucks for something that knowingly has errors, and crashes.
Same, I wan't it for the domestic seasons, but as you say - why pay 40 bucks for a game which doesn't work properly? I will spend my 40 bucks on ICC09.

Users who are viewing this thread