How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

ZoraxDoom said:
Is Chawla good in ICC 06 or 05? Cause I haven't seen him in 05.
I'm on 2006, he's probably not in 2005 as he's only become known in the last couple of years or so.

Playing As Pakistan....Lost the Test and ODI series agst England.....Then thrashed WI 3-0 in tests and won a thriller of a ODI series 3-2.

Next in South Africa.

And boy.... Am I really thrilled about this Test Victory mainly because I expected a draw.

The First test looked headed for a tame draw on the fourth day as both teams amassed first innings scores of close to 500. But the scenario changed on the dramatic last day. South Africa resumed Day 5 on 44/0. On a turning track ( 'Sharp Turn' ), I started the day's play with Kaneria and Afridi and they ran thru SA.

Pakistan eventually needed 193 in about 45 overs. I was confident of a successful run chase since South Africa had gone in with pacemen and there was no help for pacemen but a little doubtful since Farhat, Raza and Younis are defensive player who go at a strike rate of around 30%.

I started off with 'Normal' for both batsmen for first 5 overs. Then switched to 'Aggressive'. Surprisingly Farhat blasted 62 in an opening partnership of 82. Since I wanted to keep the aggressive momentum up I promoted...who else....Afridi..and he blasted 40 off 29. At the other end H.Raza maintained a strike rate of 75%. Finally when the run chase ended there was ONLY 15 minutes. Whew! Never expected a victory after both teams made 490+ in first innings.

But as usual, I was disappointed with the Man of Match. Wonder on what basis it was awarded to Kallis. There was Younis, Raza and more than these two..Kaneria.

Screenshot -

testwinmt8.jpg

If you wanna know how i am going on this game, just check out the Gaming Stories board, and look at the Shane Warne story with Australia.

i would put the Zimbabwe team up here Griffo but i don't know how to save screenshots, if someone could inform me i would be appreciative.

god damn nets at 9 o'clock Sunday morning, who has nets on a Sunday morning? everyone turning up with hangovers feeling rough?

With every passing Day and Match looks like I am falling in love :p with the game. The Latest being an ODI of mine getting ended in a Thrilling TIE ...frankly speaking a match which I should have lost.

Needing 258 to win, SA were sitting pretty at 203/3 in 40 overs. Another 32 in the next 5 and I lost all hopes. But things changed dramatically. Mushtaq conceeded only 2 in the 46th over.

Since Asif, Hasan, Malik had completed their quota and Razzaq gone for 50 in 7 overs, I turned to Farhat. First 3 balls Smith smashed 8. Then a big scoop and he was caught on the Deep Mid Wicket boundary, ending a 156 run partnership.

Next 2 overs, I brought 7 men on the circle. Runs dried up.

Last over with 5 required, Duminy-Villiers could manage only 4 off Razzaq. Strange, the very same Duminy had got to his 50 off some 40 balls earlier on, then ended up on 83 off 100.

Screenshot -

thtiedcv8.jpg

I just chased 496 to win a CC game against the second best team around, as shown in the screenshot for the non-believers.

I then lost to a poorer team trying to chase down 300 in quick time, but we won't mention that. ;)

boozemonster said:
i would put the Zimbabwe team up here Griffo but i don't know how to save screenshots, if someone could inform me i would be appreciative.

god damn nets at 9 o'clock Sunday morning, who has nets on a Sunday morning? everyone turning up with hangovers feeling rough?

Screenshots....

1) Press the print screen button on your keyboard when you want to save the screen currently on view. Print screen is above insert.

2) Go to paint.

3) click on the dotted rectangle.

4) right click in the white and go paste.

5) go save as, put in name of your choice and save it as a jpg.

6) find a hosting site. I use Photobucket, there are others though.

It's a simple process once you know how.

I love it when Jimmy Anderson isn't on International duty. It means he can destroy Durham with a 5'fer that contains an all-bowled hat-trick like this;

Sorry for the small screen, that's Imageshack being a slag for you.

MUFC1987 said:

I just chased 496 to win a CC game against the second best team around, as shown in the screenshot for the non-believers.

I then lost to a poorer team trying to chase down 300 in quick time, but we won't mention that. ;)

i have a guy called tetly a batsman though

James Anderson rules. He's just taken another 5'fer and another hat-trick against Derbyshire in a 20/20;

Users who are viewing this thread