How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

iloveireland said:
YEAH, SHAH GETS CRAP IN THE YEAR 2015!!!

That happens when players get to their late 30s! Though his current form (early 2009) is very frustrating atm. And my up and coming all rounder broke a wrist and is out for 4 weeks.

just played the most thrilling game in the final of my series between England and the Windies.I rested Welsh run machine Richard Roberts (he hit a 200 in a ODI :happy )Tied at 2-2 i lost the previous 2 games despite some really god performances from the younger players (not the 34 year old KP :p ) Both my opening bowlers average under 20 in ODI's so i looked to do some damage with the new ball but West Indies got a good opening partnership going so i brought the spinners on at the start of the 2nd powerplay as usual.Munday made the difference getting an early wicket but then the Windies added 80 more runs and really were all over me. Sarwan was playing out of his skin but Munday once again (him and Monty were bowled through) got 2 quick wickets with Monty keeping it tight at the other end. Theres a reason they both average 22 :p Sarwan hoever was still at the crease and put on a big partnership with Baugh of 100+. They lost 3 quick wickets towards the end of the innings which helped but with Sarwan still in they got up to a very tough 289-6. Aston got no wickets and was expensive but as a young allrounder i'll forgive him coz he's class. Iliffe was below par but with figures of 6-44 in the last match i'll forgive him. McDonald also bowled 2 overs thanks to Astons uselessness and the batsmen got a wicket and 6 runs at the death of his 2 overs :) Broad was class until his last over where sarwan hit about 20 runs! All in all a very good score for the Windies with Sarwan making 147 off 111.

Then it was my turn.Charltons in his 5th game having made a 100 in the series and is only 20 but he failed. Prior in for the injured New also failed leaving me in a mess at 2-46. Cole the run machine however came to my rescue with KP putting on a partnership of 97.Kp departed soon after making 50 however giving the Windies a chance to get back into the game. Eaves failed to impress again coming in for the unfit Roberts making only 18 however he hanged on long enough for Cole to make a 50 partnership. Then Aston arrived and following a dreadful performance with the ball he lasted long enough to get Cole to 100 and make us favourites.However his wicket sparked a collapse and Cole left for an outstanding 118. Munday came to the crease in great form with the bat and an average of 30. He however lasted just 3 balls and it was left to leicestershire team mates Stuart Broad and finisher and unbeleivable batsmen McDonald to finish the game with 37 needed off 5 overs. They did it thanks to a brilliant over of 20 and some great bating by Broad who actually dominated with a quickfire 29, they got home with 2 balls to spare thanks to a lucky edge for four from Broad.I remain with my %100 record in every series!

gameok0.jpg

im started a new season with the mighty Lancashire and have just managed to get through to the next stage of the 20 20 cup. My top 3 averaged over 50 (Law-8 inns, 367 runs, avg 91.75,),(Loye 8 inns,258 runs, 51.6 avg),(Flintoff 5inns, 166 runs, 83 avg)

How does Prior go for you Joe?

My current England keeper is no less than Middlesex's David Nash, 2 50s in 3 games.

Doing ok with Middlesex. In my 3rd season now.

I brought in Hilfenhaus (fab in OD), young lad called Collins who has done wonderful (40+ in both forms) since he came in. Lamb has done well with the ball, though he does misfire a fair bit. Got 3 pacemen injured atm though, currently have no back up pacers. Betts is out (though for 1 more day) Hilfenhaus 2 more weeks and Jack Read has 3 weeks to go. In the 20-20 at the moment on the 2nd July. CC is going okay, 3rd atm. Shah is on poor form and with Joyce and Strauss with England it's hurting.

In the 20-20 I put the out of form Compton in to open, back to back fifties including 83 from 55 balls.

Sureshot said:
How does Prior go for you Joe?
Prior was only playing his 5th ODI and i had skipped the last 2 matches :p he hasn't made any real runs as of yet,playing him as an opener so I can push my bets batsmen down the order to finish,he's fine behind the stumps for me,but I don't think he's an opener. I prefer New anyway but U'd been giving him technique nets since he was young. He only averages 28 in tests and ODI's but with Munday averaging 30 and a very talented battin line up all i need is someone who can score fast and stay in when i'm collapsing (rare :p )

Having a decent season with Warwickshire on ICC2006 Ashes, won the Twenty20 cup, through to the quaters of the challenge trophy and started well in Pro 40. County Championship has been dodgy though with me lying 4th, until this game, against Hampshire, sure i didn't win, but who cares?

wownc8.jpg

I'm just owning the Aussies in the 2018 Ashes. 3-0 up so far with 3 tests gone. Going for a whitewash! Having some immense seasons with Notts too:

My youth player Sam Collins keeps performing, I dropped Shah for the last 2 20-20 games and Collins has scored 107 runs with a 60* from 45 balls and 47 from 38. To add to 40FC average and 45 OD average. Great fielder too.

Compton2020.jpg

My first ever 20-20 hundred. He brought it up with his 61st ball.

Compton is a big puzzler for me, his contract is up at the end of the season, he's on about 60k so quite a lot. But he hasn't been performing, though he did help me get to the QFs of the 20-20.

Still got Pro league and 8 CC games to go, but he's close to being released.

3rd in the championship about 25 points off the leaders, just beat Sussex by 10 runs! Gratrix 6-89 in their 2nd innings. Some of my injuries are coming back (Norman and Hilfenhaus, though he wasn't fit enough to play vs Sussex) but Strauss and Joyce are with England in the Ashes! Hutton is out of form, time to turn to Bramble/Godleman.

Comptons contract is secure, done well for me ever since that hundred. Including a double hundred in the CC. Opens in PRO40 for me. Lost in the semis to Worcs who went on to win it. 3rd in the championship still, 18 points behind 2nd one game in hand.

Hall averages 60 with the bat and 22 with the ball. Gratrix has 5 5 wicket hauls in 11 games.

Interesting campaign for me, I have drawn 4 of 13 CC games but I am 3rd but a massive 30+ points behind 2nd. I have 1 game in hand (Leics) and I play both Kent and Worcs (1st and 2nd respectively). Comptons last 3 innings: 231, 158, 99. :D

My bowling is light as I'm struggling with my 2nd and 3rd seamers. Lamb is out for 3 weeks (rest of the season iirc). Gratrix despite taking 100FC wickets before he is 20 isn't very consistent (Leggie). Hall is good. Hilfenhaus is good in ODs in the last game he took 6 FC wickets but was left out for about 4 games due to averaging nigh on 50 in FC.

Sureshot said:
Interesting campaign for me, I have drawn 4 of 13 CC games but I am 3rd but a massive 30+ points behind 2nd. I have 1 game in hand (Leics) and I play both Kent and Worcs (1st and 2nd respectively). Comptons last 3 innings: 231, 158, 99. :D

My bowling is light as I'm struggling with my 2nd and 3rd seamers. Lamb is out for 3 weeks (rest of the season iirc). Gratrix despite taking 100FC wickets before he is 20 isn't very consistent (Leggie). Hall is good. Hilfenhaus is good in ODs in the last game he took 6 FC wickets but was left out for about 4 games due to averaging nigh on 50 in FC.

get sajeewa weerakoon, he is awsome. Prior for me is averaging 90 i think, last time i looked at averages earliuer in my season i had three pepole averageing 90 or more after about 6 games:)

I wanted some bigger signings this season but due to having a poor season last time around I had to cut back. I actually took about 30k off of coaching, physio and youth so I could sign a youngster called Collins. Who has been brilliant. I only have 7 coaching sessions and 1 physio session to tinker with though.

This season is more succesful so I hope to get better players. Still very much building my own team.

Users who are viewing this thread