How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

opening with afridi lol, great score with Khan, a quality player, always seemed to top score when i played Pakistan

Nice work by Khan!!
Lol im an idiot i was about to go
" How do you know it is against Australia Rossy? "
Then i realised ;)
King Pietersen said:
Maniar pwns, also, check out D Jadhav, amazing batsman, always plays awesome against me, has uber averages in test and odi cricket everytime i've played india, a real star of the game.
Yep, Had Gabhir in the squad cuz he averaged over 100 in ODI's and was doing good in tests but has failedn numerously lately. So Jadhav has played one or 2 games in the longer version and is doing good :)

Im playing with Derbyshire and i'm currently in 2007

My Overseas Players are Dominic Thornely and Michael Di Venuto who I chose because they would be able to play during the World Cup and Cameron White re-signed with Somerset

I resigned a majority of my players and filled the Youth Team, Physio and Coaching Sessions to the max

I signed two youth players my only off season signing other than Dominic Thornely. Jon Henderson who averaged over 70 in 2nd XI and is currently on duty for England after a massive innings of 274*. Lawrence Howells a local wicket-keeper who averaged over 50 in 2nd XI and now averages over 50 in First Class and over 30 in One Day but that average is low because he bats at 7 and doesnt get much of an opportuinity

Im in Division 1 in the County Championship on the back of Michael Di Venutos 2000 runs in the season and Tom Lungley and Ant Botha taking 77 wickets each. Im in Division 2 One Day due to a late drop of form and loss of players to injury

Div 1 First Class 2007 - Currently in 2nd spot after 13 games but dont stand much of a chance in catching Durham as they are 28 points ahead of me and beat me twice when all of my bowlers were struggling to bowl out the opposition.

Div 2 One Day 2007 - Currently in 3rd with 4 games remaining but im 1 game behind the 1st and 2nd teams confident of qualifying for Div 1

Challenge Trophy - After finishing runner up last season and only losing due to massive injury losses 5 in the space of a week my early season form ruined any chance i had of qualifying for the final. I lost my first 3 games only to win the next 6

Twenty/20 - A competition I won last year with no hassle. I also got off to a bad start losing 2 of the first 3 games but then going undefeted through to the final. The final was a thriller with my rivals Durham setting 175 to win. We got to the last over with 8 needed for victory which was settled by Jon Henderson by hitting 2 fours in a row to finish on 65* and taking the title back to Derbyshire again

I have filled all the holes in the Derbyshire team except for the 3rd pace bowlers spot where Graham Wagg and Steffan Jones are fighting it out and I hope I get to Div 1 in both forms of the game then push for the championship

Im thinking of writing a story either as a player or as the coach of the team if you would like to see something along those lines please post your thoughts on this idea or anything you would like to add on my season

Ooh, it's been stickified.

Stuart Broads been in good form so far as we are 2nd after 4 games and Jack Read has finally shown some promise. Broad and Norman put on 180 odd for the 8th wicket vs Sussex! Broad making 71 from 88 balls :D

So going to be screwed if Shah gets injured.

In the post a few spots up. Khan played awasome, what he make, something like 337, brilliant

I just lost to Ireland in the Challenge Trophy. In the CC I'm doing well, Broad is on fire (batting well too) Read is doing well as is Lamb. Gratrix isn't though. Compton has been amazing but has failed in his England games. Keepers been out of form, lacking in the OD game though, only Lamb and Burnett are keeping it tight.

its too easy on easy oi scored 3,000 runs in a season wid westwood at an averager of 170.
hit 24 centuries including 2 double hundreds.
Anyone got any patches, skins\
or no about GLORY GARDENS

I drew a match yesterday. Then lost 4/0 while looking very comfortable and lost.
Then in another match I lost 5/5 and lost.

I just had a tie against Warwickshire. I smashed a ball on the last ball but the fielder dived and stopped it. :|

Tiie.jpg

Tiie2.jpg

I just lost by 25 runs in a 40/40 match. I lost 4 wickets in 5 balls including a hattrick for 0 runs.

Once again my tail has collapsed and I have lost my last 5 wickets for 5 runs.
I was playing Surrey in a 40/40 match.

This was in the space of about 3-5 matches.

Tie.jpg

Wow. What a match. I was sent into bat on a pitch that was nipping around.
Matty Hayden fell first ball before Gilchrist and Ponting put on a small partnership. Gilly then went for 25. All but 2 of my main batsmen made starts.
I made 229.

Tie2.jpg

Things started well for my with Bracken removing Atapattu for 2. But Jayasuriya and Jayawardene put on a good partnership before the latter was removed for 33. Jayasuriya played a blinder making 111 from 115 balls.
With 2 overs left, SL needed 10 to win. Lee bowled a brilliant over in which he conceded no runs and took 1 wicket!
With 10 needed from the final over, Samaraweera hit 2 fours off the first 2 balls of the over. He then got a single to give the strike to Dilshan. 1 run was needed with 3 balls left and 5 wickets in hand. The next ball was a dot ball.
1 needed with 2 balls left....
Wicket! Dilshan out caught by Ponting off Bracken for a duck. 1 was needed from 1 ball. A dot ball! It was a tie! What a match!

Geez. What's up with all of my ties? A 3rd tie in 2 days!
1 needed with 1 ball left, it was a dot ball. :(
TIE1.jpg

TIE.jpg

Ah...Finished my 2006 season with Surrey. Above average performance...I think. :p

CC : Finished at 5th place in Div 2. Perhaps, one more win and one more draw, I would have finished at No.2 and got promoted.

T20 : Finished at No. 3 in 'South' Division. Missed the Quarterfinal berth by just a fraction of a NRR.

Pro-League : Finished at No. 5 in Div 2.

CT : Worst. Finished at No. 8

New Season : Bicknell, Salisbury, A.Brown retired. I kicked out Ormond. Signed up S.Broad and a youth WK called Buss and one more youth paceman-Remmington.

Among OS players, Renewed A.Mahmood's contract. A. Kumble is unavailable for 2007 season. So since I wanted a spinner, I signed up A.Sunny who will join the team after the World Cup.

BTW, Does anyone know how these two - Broad and Sunny perform in this game?

Broad needs plenty of bowling technique, I found he performs in the FC alot better than OD cricket. Atm in 2010 with Broad at Middlesex he is my main pace bowler, averages 30 with the bat too! Stick with him but prepare to be hit around a bit.

Just drew with Gloucs in the CC they posted around 550 then I batted, Jamil (re-gen Pakistani opener) and Strauss put on 365 for the 1st wicket just 7 short of the record, Jamil went for just under 180. Strauss kept batting though and was 8th man out for 393 a record, we finished on 748 a record for Middlesex.

Straus393.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread