How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

I got the game today itself. It was a 2 day trial. I loved so, so I purchased it.
The game's fine, but there should be an auto play method (no selection of bowlers if one's quota is over) too. :)

OK..I have one doubt here and it might interest all you Cricket minded people here :p

In my 2033 season (Icc06), Challenge Trophy....my team Surrey and Sussex were 12 pts at the end of 8 games. Sussex took on Somerset in the last game and my team Surrey had Middlesex as opponents. So to qualify for the Final - A must win for both teams in the last game as well as the NRR factor.

Sussex went on to win their game and thus ended up on 14 pts with a NRR of +7.3

My team went on to lose the game by 15 runs with 13 balls to spare and thus ended up on 12 pts with a NRR of +6.9

Now suppose if my team had got those 16 runs within those 13 balls...Would I have gone thru to the Final?

Last edited:
Probably not. Depends what your starting NRR was before the game. If more than 0.1 below Sussex's final NRR then no.

Bruce Martin bowled 4-28 on debut against Bangladesh.

EDIT:

Brent Arnel took a 5fer on his second test and Bruce Martin 1-4 and 8-95 as well as scoring 29* and 54.

Last edited:
I know it's basically illegal for an Englishman to do this, but I've started a game as Australia. Now into the 7 match ODi series against India. Won the Ashes 2-0, won the T20 WC and am yet to lose a series. Phil Hughes, as expected has been awesome. Averaging 72 in Tests, 66.69 in ODi's and 53.60 in T20i's with 8 centuries in all forms, with 2 in Tests, 5 in ODi's and 1 T20i hundred. What a player. Shane 'The Gun' Watson has been pretty fantastic as well. Averaging 74.62 in Tests opening the batting and 51.54 in ODi's, as well as 34 with the ball in Tests and 17 in ODi's. Quality player.

The only problem has been the inconsistent bowling though. Peter Siddle's been fantastic in Tests, with 17 wickets at 23.12, but he's the only one that's excelled. Johnson's averaging over 40, Lee's averaging 38, Tait 43 and the Steve Smith experiment definitely didn't work in Tests, with him taking 9 wickets in 4 Tests at an average of 77. Managed a batting average of 29, but that's not enough to make up for the bowling. I like him as a cricketer, and he performs excellently in our Warm-Up games, but he just can't replicate that Internationally. Going to stick with him though, as there's just not a better option.

The Test XI I've been picking has been:

Phil Hughes
Shane Watson
Ricky Ponting
Simon Katich (785 runs in 5 matches @ 98.12 with 2 centuries and a top score of 221 batting 4)
Michael Clarke
Michael Hussey
Brad Haddin
Brett Lee
Mitchell Johnson
Peter Siddle
Shaun Tait/Steve Smith (depending on conditions, looking likely that one of Bollinger, McKay or Hilfenhaus could come in though)

and in ODi's I've been going with:

Phil Hughes
Shane Watson
Ricky Ponting
Cameron White
Michael Clarke
Michael Hussey
Brad Haddin
Steve Smith
Mitchell Johnson
Brett Lee
Shaun Tait

I rested Ponting for the first 6 ODi's against England and picked Callum Ferguson, and he failed epicly. Making just 70 runs in 6 innings at an average of 17.50 with a best score of 31*. Enjoying being the Aussies, loving the batting, hating the bowling, really could do with finding some talented Test bowlers quickly.

Now you understand why every aussie who plays this game gets angry.. it was even worse in previous versions because they want the game to appeal to the majority of buyers (the english)

Indeed. The lack of a decent FC spinner is very frustrating. Cameron White has done a fine job in ODi's and has given me a very good 6th bowling option. The fast bowling has improved for now, with Clint McKay coming in and performing excellently against the West Indies in place of Mitchell Johnson, who seems to be massively under-rated on the game. McKay is bowling alongside Peter Siddle who has 26 wickets at 27.23, Shaun Tait who seems to have improved and has now taken 23 wickets at 28.48 and Brett Lee with 24 wickets at 32.79.

I finally got rid of Steve Smith after another very disappointing series against India where he just couldn't buy a wicket. Didn't make much of an impression with the bat either, making 23 runs in 4 innings. Could be one for the future, but for now he's been binned.

Phil Hughes seems to be getting better and better too. I thought he was on the brink of breaking Brian Lara's Test record, but he was stupidly run out by Mike Hussey for 355, I was gutted. Hughes's run of form has been magnificent though. His run of scores in FC cricket atm reads 229, 8, 85, 7, 355, 202 and 114. The bolded scores are what he managed in the Test series against West Indies. After that Test series he has a Test average of 90.26, with 1715 runs in just 11 Tests, incredible player.

Australia only hard to play with because of the bowlers we get given... All useless, no matter how long you play.

Luke Butterworth is my dangerman.

I started an aussie save file again and won the SA series 5-0, Hughes and Watson opening were dominant both scoring over 300 runs in the series and the bowlers bowling better on bad decks than good ones..

The side i went with was

Hughes
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
White
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Lee
Bracken
Siddle

Started an Aussie save and 1st Ashes test England scored 650/9d and I got 700 odd :facepalm

I was still batting 1st innings on day 5

^Lol:laugh

I am playing as Australia atm, and just lost the ashes to England, 2-0.

Best batsman was Michael Clarke, who scored 50+ in nearly every innings, and best bowler was Brett Lee, who took 3 fiver-fers in the series. Other players were disappointing and didn't contribute much.

Last edited:
Piriyanth did you come across a decent spinner? Hauritz and White were my Ashes spinners and both averages in the high 30s.

Damn I wish I had Clarke and Lee, I dropped both of them for the Ashes. Stuart Clark was my best Ashes bowler, took a bunch under 20.

Users who are viewing this thread