How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Had a really nice start to the 2012 season. Won every single match so far, winning all 5 Championship games and all 7 FP Trophy games. My FP Trophy performances have been particularly excellent. After 7 games we've got a NRR of 15.3 :D

The guys have all performed pretty decently. Strauss is leading the way in FC cricket, with 514 runs at 128.50 with 2 centuries, but Hardwick and Joyce aren't too far behind. With Hardwick making 438 runs at 87.60 and Joyce making 429 runs at 61.29. Joyce has managed to continue his run of converting 50's to hundreds too, with both his half centuries being converted into tons in FC cricket, one of those he went on to make 238. As for the bowlers in FC cricket. Pietersen's taken the most wickets with 34 at 22.82, Harris has 24 wickets at 18.42 and Rashid has 21 at 15.86. Bresnan and Smith haven't been quite so productive, but those first 3 have made up for that.

In One Day cricket Stuart Hardwick's leading the averages, with 393 runs at 98.25. Nick Compton's performed well also with 214 runs at 71.33, but really everyone's contributed at least 1 decent innings so far, but Joyce has been the main disappointment, making only 1 half century in 7 innings. As for the bowling, Pietersen, Harris, Rashid and Smith have been excellent, all averaging in the teens with 10 or more wickets a piece. Bresnan's been ok too, picking up 7 wickets at 30, but his place may be starting to come under threat. Especially with Onions taking 43 wickets at 16.95 for the 2nd XI.

What a victory as Bangladesh. After being destoyed by India in the first test, i changed my plans and included 3 spinners to try and suffocate them and it worked like a charm :)

Fired her up again (after PC and laptop died I was ICC-less) to do a bit of techy testing, and I'm back fixed on it after winning my first game back by 1 wicket in the championship over Hampshire. Kabir Ali, thank you very much!

Worcs are pretty awful though, should be an interesting save. Lost my Sussex one, well gutted. :noway

Can anyone tell me whether this is the best possible lineup to have for India? (Dravid & Tendulkar have retired). Are there are any better players which I can have?

76829065.png

S. Anish was always better than Bhaj for me.

Harbhajan's not doing much wrong ATM, picking up 3 wicket hauls and the odd 5 fer. What frustrates me is that ICC still have Dhoni as onl y a WK, not a Wicketkeeper-Batsmen. Can only make the odd 50 with him. :facepalm

Ive been told MM Patel is really good on ICC.

Yeah he is, he's always topping the FC wicket taking list with the best average. However the vendetta I have against players in real life are carried over into ICC, therefore I'll never pick him. :spy

Can anyone tell me whether this is the best possible lineup to have for India? (Dravid & Tendulkar have retired). Are there are any better players which I can have?

76829065.png

Gautam Gambhir
Ajinkya Rahane
Manoj Tiwary
Virat Kohli
Subramaniam Badrinath
Ravindra Jadeja
+ Uday Kaul
Piyush Chawla
Mohinish Parmar
Ishant Sharma
RP Singh

Last edited:
2015 is a World Cup year and who do i find has retired? The two best players in New Zealand, Jesse Ryder and Daniel Vettori. Extremely annoying especially as I haven't really trained up a second spinner. And oh look NZ don't get any series beforehand ><

Yea I dunno why, he just disappeared

Probably some drunkenness related injury.

Deal with no spinner... you can practically play a 50 year save and get nothing from aus.. lol

I had one great one come out of Aus in my save, leg spinner who could bat and field well, averaged about 20 I think.

Users who are viewing this thread