How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Why on earth did you drop Clarke? Lee's been one of my better bowlers too. I generally go for a 4 man pace attack, with Lee, Tait, McKay and Siddle. Clint McKay's been excellent, performed brilliantly in the domestic stuff and has adapted well to International cricket. Been much better than Johnson anyway. Dougie Bollinger came in for the ODi series against the West Indies too and performed brilliantly, actually made Gayle his bunny on the game, just like IRL :D

Damn I never even thought of Shaun Tait! Oh and since its my "little world" I dropped Clarke for being a tosser. I do not allow jackoffs on my team :)

Hughes
Watson
Ponting
Hussey
Katich / Khawaja (in case of Ussie, I make him open and drop Watson to this slot)
Haddin
White
Johnson
Hauritz
Clark
Rotating Seamer (Lee, Bollinger etc)

Clearly shows how Philip Hughes always dominates in the game.

71kbvm.png

Hughes
Watson
Ponting
Hussey
Katich / Khawaja (in case of Ussie, I make him open and drop Watson to this slot)
Haddin
White
Johnson
Hauritz
Clark
Rotating Seamer (Lee, Bollinger etc)

Good side that. I do like Cameron White, but I'm yet to give him a go in the Test side. He's a fixture in the ODi side though, and has played a couple of excellent innings, chipping in with a couple of centuries. His bowling in ODi's has been very good too, how's he gone in Tests for ya?

Forgot about Khawaja until recently too. Mike Hussey was injured for a couple of Tests and Khawaja probably would have been an option if it wasn't for his disappointing FC stats (331 runs at 25.46), and I ended up going for Travis Birt instead. He actually went well too, scoring a vital century against SA I think, when we were in the middle of a collapse on a green, seamers wicket. Failed to score a half century in any of his 4 other innings, but that hundred was just awesome.

How's Mitchell Johnson gone for you? He was very poor for me. Averaged 45 in Tests, 41 in ODi's and didn't perform exceptionally until the end of the FC campaign. Luckily I've had Clint McKay, Brett Dorey and Doug Bollinger step up and perform well. Bollinger and McKay have been particularly impressive.

Phil Hughes seems to be getting better and better as well. Averaging 95.65 for the year, with a career average of 89.54 in Tests with 2328 runs in just 17 Test matches, with 8 centuries. He's an absolute gun and has allowed me to stick with the slightly inconsistent Shane Watson. Watto's averaging 49.91, but he could have scored so many more runs if he didn't continually get out between 50 and 70. He has 1 century compared to 8 half centuries opening the batting, been quite frustrating, much like the real Aussie batting line-up of the past Aussie summer. Loving the save though, something a bit different to being England.

In the first series against South Africa in my Australia save I opened with Hughes and White, and they put on huge partnerships in nearly all the games. We scored 350+ in each game we batted first iirc

ICC 2006

Finished my 2033 season as Surrey. Won the CC & T20. Finished 2nd in both the OD formats....hehe...Have a look at the sequence of my position in CC over the past 6 seasons.....3,2,1,3,2,1 :D

1.jpg

How's Mitchell Johnson gone for you? He was very poor for me. Averaged 45 in Tests, 41 in ODi's and didn't perform exceptionally until the end of the FC campaign. Luckily I've had Clint McKay, Brett Dorey and Doug Bollinger step up and perform well. Bollinger and McKay have been particularly impressive.

Johnson was the mainstay of my ashes campaign,taking nigh on 30 wickets at just over 20!
Unfortunantly he's been just about as bad in ODI's averaging 43 or something.

Just started a NZ save, have wanted to play as them for a while now.

Interested in playing with them because they are a challenge, have some good young players, as well as names that aren't frustrating, and I know most of their players.

Lost 3-0 to Sri Lanka in the Tests and 5-0 in the ODI's, but still really enjoying the save. Bring on the Pakistani's!

Just started a game with India and i got Abhishek Nayar as the best bowler. He got the figure of 7/22 off 4 overs in the second t20 match of wc and at the end of tournament, he ended with bowling average of under 14.

So I've developing the ideas of how I want my teams to look.

Test
Ingram
Cummings
Sinclair
Taylor
Ryder
Hay/other
Watling/other (forget name)
Vettori
Franklin
Bond
O'Brien

I've also got Southee and Boult in training/waiting, as well as Williamson.

One Day Internationals
McCullum
Ingram
Guptill
Taylor
Ryder
Sinclair
Oram
Vettori
Southee
Bond
O'Brien

Roughly my sides, as I don't have the game open ATM. Lost 3-0 in the Tests v Pakistan, and in the first ODI, they somehow mowed down my target of over 300 int he first ODI. Seeing as it's almost 7am and I've been up all night, I'll play more tomorrow night sometime, and update you later on.

I was going to play ICC but then I got dis- toon toon toon toon toon toon toon

Just finished my best ever season as Kent, finishing first in div 2 CC, so I'll be promoting, as well as second in div 1 PL, my first season after promoting. Went down by 25 runs in the last game of the season, first v second, in which I lost my spot at the top of the ladder to Somerset.

For 2022.

In: Shakespeare
Out: Treanor, Hopper

Despite Lynch/Straw (FC/OD openers) having decent seasons (well, tbf Straw was the best bat in the PL side), they might be missing out to Shakespeare, coming back to the club. He was with us 2 seasons ago, unfortunately couldn't play for us last season because of international commitments.

Had to pay 68.5k to keep Harris, he was England contracted last season. FFS, he played 3 Tests, 8 ODI's and 3 T20I's, but way away for a long time. Hopefully they don't select him, as he took 84 wickets in 10 FC's for us last season, and we're now paying for him, without the contract to help him.

Got asked to coach Australia for the first time, not too good since I've been playing since 2009 :S.

Oh well, rejected them, Kent needs me in Div 1 both forms this season!

Users who are viewing this thread