How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Just finished the T20 Cup group stage with Middlesex in my first season. My FPT campaign failed, I came last and only won one game, against Sussex. Going well in the CC, in fourth after 6 matches and only losing to my bogey team, Essex, whom I have lost to five times in six games. Things were bad in the T20 too, I lost my first four matches, two against Essex, then beat, you guessed it, Sussex. I then beat Kent but lost to Hampshire. I beat Kent by one wicket and Sussex by three runs. I went into my final game against rivals Surrey, with a slim chance of qualification. My net run rate was over -5. I was put into bat and made 200 for the first time in the competition. I won by 71 runs to get my NRR to +0.85 and snuck into the quarters, where I'll play Nottinghamshire.

Just started a new international career having finally grown tired of leading Surrey from 2008 to 2033, three things of note thus far:

Ramps scoring 432 in 2009
Larry Eddery 1,000 runs in a season for his first 4 seasons
AND... Kevin Pietersen, in my new international career, has just scored 7 hundreds, three against NZ 2008, three against SA and one in India, but he just got injured.

Unfortunately have only just discovered these forums afterwards so no pics :(

Just ended my first season with Lancashire on ICC 3.
2wpntx4.jpg

Struggling to get into it (ICC 3) so footy management is ruling my time more than cricket :( I just find it so frustrating, I gave it a whirl the other day and won my first one dayer as Glamorgan. I then batted first in a Championship game against Essex and found the side uncompetitive - either batting or bowling. Cricket Captain 2000 on the psone may not be up to date, but it's not that different to ICC3 and at least if I play as Glamorgan on that it makes some kind of fist of battling before my side collapses inexplicably. Or my real pet hate of my side struggling to score runs against a side full of seamers on a spinners' wicket before my spinners struggle to take wickets against a side hopeless against spin (or that kind of scenario)

You've got to take the wins with the losses!;)
First year I really lost it,(I only won 1 County match!)
My highest score was 174 by Malancholy Loye.
My second season has been a success,I picked up Rikki Clarke in the bidding and He's got 505 runs in 3 matches!(averaging 252.5,averaging 80 with the ball with 3 wickets.)
In all three first class matches so far I have managed to beat the record Loye made
1st match:Francois Du Plessis 184no:D
2nd Match:Rikki Clarke 300no:D
3rd match:Martin Van Jaarsaveld 196:D

Last edited:
Taking a break from it due to the annoying way you have to juggle bowlers due to their inability to bowl decent length spells thanks to their slow recovery of stamina/fitness/whatever after a spell. You sometimes have to be a mathematician or a statistical genius to get seamers to bowl their 10 overs in a limited overs match if you want a spinner to also bowl 10 overs.

Last game I played that I enjoyed was ICC 06, as Pakistan on a tour of England. Sohail Tanvir took 3 for 16 and then scored 61* in the first 3 day tour match, still haven't finished the match though because the game is annoying.

2011 season and Bangladesha re 2nd behind India in tests. New regen averaged 44, then scored 181 and 105 in his second match.

Playing as glamorgan. I am having an excellent bowling attack with a good batting line up. Mid way 2018 season, Albert Adams is my International Player. He is an excellent bowler. He is just 25 and still waiting to make his International debut. He just picked up perfect 10 in a FC game and 8 wickets in a OD game. My bowling team contains M.Munday, J.Anderson, Ewing and I also have Stuart broad and Adam Shantry who are always out becasue of International commitments.

I have Steve Poole who is an excellent batsman. He is 29 and is the bes batsman in my team. He opens the innings with F-Du-Plessis of S.A and they score at a quick pace and the key for my success. KP and Danny Payne also play an important part in my team.

Wish there was an easier method to bowling in ICC sometimes. With batting I can just full keep clicking and score maybe 100 or so runs without even doing anything, while bowling requires you to constantly change the way you bowl so the batsman doesn't get settled. Whats even more frustrating is getting teams down to 7/80 or so and then out of no where the bowlers both make centuries and the innings ends up at all out for 300.

*Rage rant*. It's happened like twice but really does turn the game and annoy the crap out of you.

Durham are dominating the championship however it was too late for miracles in the twenty20 competition :crying

Currently I am so frustrated at the stupid way the AI plays the game and the stupid lineups it picks that I can't be bothered playing the stupid game.

No Muralitharan in the Sri Lankan ODI team? That is ridiculous.

Shane Warne left out of the Australian team on their tour of dusty Pakistan to accomodate Big Joe Dawes in an all pace attack? ...

If I am going to waste time I prefer it to be wasted by talking a load of opinionated crap than mindlessly manipulating statistics in an ICC game.

Though the sight of Sanath Jayasuriya's superbly rendered bald patch is tempting me now that I think about it...

Don't play the game if it so frustrating. :rolleyes:

The game has a few flaws but nothing that would be paticularly frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread