How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

That team is awesome, you would have to underperform if you lost!

Yeah I've had a bit of that. :p

I need to strengthen some areas and get more depth but I think I should get some of that in the next Transfer Market. The good thing about this team is that the youths don't have to play and can just get better. They'll come in the easy games of course, but don't have to play.

I've been getting really bad luck with the regens. Haven't got any good bowlers. One of my regen batters averages 68 though 4 seasons in.

Just finished the closes season I have ever witnessed and am gutted to have only finished where I did. I really needed to win it really for the money. Since then I've had to let the majority of my team go and to top it off Monty retired so am perseveering with a bunch of youngster regens in the bowling department.

I've been getting really bad luck with the regens. Haven't got any good bowlers. One of my regen batters averages 68 though 4 seasons in.

There are better batsmen regens then bowlers regens on my game as well. In all my previous saves the regens are usually better batsmen. Once in a while a brilliant bowler comes along though.

Just finished the closes season I have ever witnessed and am gutted to have only finished where I did. I really needed to win it really for the money. Since then I've had to let the majority of my team go and to top it off Monty retired so am perseveering with a bunch of youngster regens in the bowling department.

Good god, I feel your pain. I've never seen a league table end that close! Did you lose last match or something?

I did draw the last match against Lancashire which in the end meant that Warwickshire pinched it on the last match. Essex won their last match and nearly got ahead of me aswell.

Struggling in 7th atm in the County Championship season after due to lack of money from not winning it. :(

Last edited:
I've finished the season after that close finsh and I've thrown it away again despite starting the season very slowly, I was last after 3 games, it came to the last match and I was ahead.
To make sure I didn't run out of time which I had done a few times this season I opened with my keeper, who is very aggressivem, on the back of a test century and in the form of his life and let him go after the bowlers. It worked perfectly with him making 293 from just 300 balls. Eventually I was allout for 613 with just a day and a half gone and by the end of the day Sussex had collapsed to 88-5 even with their spirited fight back to get up to 269 I still thought I had it in the bag, There was still over a day and a half left. My team bowled well on the 3rd day and by close we had them at 204-4 and I still thought an easy win and the championship was on the cards.

Then Prior, the man that Wales had replaced in the England team, came out and played one of the best innings against me I can remember scoring at a healthy strike rate, 61, sealing my fate to finish just short again.

Despite not winning this is one of my best saves I've ever had as in the top league its very even, I had the same amount of wins as Essex and they went down :eek:.

Im looking forward to next season as 3 years in a row without a title of any kind is terrible and I need to get some of my youngsters to kick on or I'll really struggle.

lol I remember last season I was playing i had Hampshire 9-120 on the last day and then they made to 160 and then it rained for a whole 1 and a half session and for some reason it let me have one more over at the end. It was a maiden. Last match as well. :(

But luckily I was already ahead by 60 points at one stage and my team had a bad run at the end but still won by 12 points. :D

In a bizarre occurence, and in a heavily rain hampered test match (10 hours lost) I bowled Micheal Munday for 58 overs without a rest. He picked up 6/160

Nice tight finishes there. I'm still playing International in the 09/10 season. About 4/7 matches I played finished by 20 runs / 2 wickets or less.

Can't believe I lost to Zimbabwe!

Doing the classic quest of bringing Bangladesh up to the top of the tables, have currently got them 3rd in the Test rankings and 5th in the ODI rankings, just flogging Australia and England in an Australian tri-series for the one-dayers, I was pretty low before then. Have the best Test batsman and bowler in the world in Raqibul Hasan and Murad Khan, which can only help. About to play India, and a series win would put me equal second on the Test tables. The same in the ODIs would put me about 3rd. Having said that, it is 2019, so I have wasted a fair bit of my life on it, you would hope I'm doing okay.

bangersum1.jpg

Not surprising really.

Well done, Tassie. :)

Just finished yet another season, I'm in 2010 now. I have an awesome team and was not surprised to win every competition quite easily. Well I say easily but it was a struggle at time to play all my best players. We of course bowled well but our main strength was the batting. With 7 players scoring over 750 runs, 3 scoring over 1300 runs, it was a brilliant time. Phil Jaques was one of two overseas players and was our best batsman by far. 1725 runs in FC at an average of 59.48 showed his dominance and if he's available next season, I'm picking him up. Alastair Cook has scored 1000 runs every season if I remember correctly and has done it again. 1598 runs this time, with a high score of 208, as he averaged just below Jaques, of 57.07. He was brilliant for Essex, but rather average for England. The last player to score 1000 runs in FC this season was Mike Woodward(regen). He had quite a few form slumps but managed 1334 runs still at 44.47. His average isn't the best but at 23 years old, he is very promising. He's an all round batsman though that can bat in all forms of the game. Yardy(958), Jefferson(909), Harvey(850) and Benn(750) all chipped in. Benn was the most surprising though, scoring his 749 runs in only 8 matches. He's also a regen like Harvey and will both be in my team for time to come.

The bowling in First Class was distinctly average. Aqeel Ahmed was my second overseas player this season, despite him not representing Pakistan, so I took a gamble. It payed off though as Ahmed took 117 wickets at an average of 20.28. This, like Jaques runs amount, sets a record for me since I've been coach. He took 8-33 in the second last game of the season and was our best bowler by far. Anthony Davies was another great bowler and if he didn't mess it up for England in the Test match he played, then perhaps he'd feature more often in the International scene. He took 76 wickets at 22.78 and was our best seamer. Broad(39), Bresnan(34) and Sidebottom(24) all chipped in with some wickets but were generally injured or out of form. I'm definitely hoping for a better bowling performance next season as it was generally poor this year. I need some good regen bowlers.

The One Day format saw Jaques yet again top score. 823 runs meant he averaged just below 50. Woodward(687), Jefferson(600), Harvey(446) and Cook(404) all average above 40 with Jefferson averaging 60. It was a good batting season for these guys as they proved to be the best in FC and OD. The bowling was more of a team effort, thankfully, than it was in FC. Ahmed still topped the class with 38 wickets at a mesmerizing 17.87. Davies(25) and Sidebottom(23) both got more than 20 wickets, whilst Tudor(16) and Blackwell(18) helped out a little bit. Considering I have 12 bowlers in the team, it's not a bad achievement.

I have 26 players in my team, which I need to make smaller. Players such as Tudor will have to leave soon as they are just not good enough and I want to bring in some young guns. I need some room to play them though so will definitely need to cut down on buying players. I needed the money from the titles so should be able to have a nice amount left over after the Transfer window has passed. Unfortunately I haven't set any partnership records this season and have only set one all time record since 2006. I could do with some big big partnerships next season. I've also accepted the England job which means I may not have a big say in Essex's domestic season next year.

Endofseason.jpg

Very nice to see Essex win every title, which I'll be looking to do again next season. Australian regen batsman Stokes was the only player to score more runs than Jaques, but that player is a machine. He also scored 918 runs for Somerset in the OD format. Ahmed got a clean sweep in the bowling awards after his fantastic season. I unfortunately have to tour Australia before the World Cup which will no doubt mean playing Stokes and Jaques in Australia. I'm doomed.

I'm in the 2030s with Derbyshire. I think I posted quite a bit about this side earlier in the thread. Anyways, after a super-awesome golden run where my side was unbeatable, the slide begin. It started with 7 of my first XI being picked for England on a consistent basis, yet only 3 of those had England Contracts. The others had massive wages but would disappear anytime they hit good form. And by 7, I mean 7 who were regular, there were a few who got picked now and then as well. My side couldn't handle the hit as I really didn't have enough backup -how could I afford any with the massive wages of the first XI?- and I ended up playing some young players far too early than I would have liked. I would have liked to give them a lot of OD and T20 cricket before bringing them into FC.

Anyhoo, my position in the tables slipped, and I had less prizemoney. I couldn't afford to keep many of these players around, so I had to let a few ago. I also had a problem now that, despite my 50K investment, for 3-4 seasons I got just crap youth. And there were no good ones for sale. My few key players left over are now ageing, and their performances as a result are inconsistent. One day they are at their brilliant best, the other day they are struggling. In the recent few seasons I've let go of a few players who were past their best, as well as sacking those who kept getting picked for England but never got a contract for them. Add that to my low prizemoney, and I had just 18 players to start this season with. Sounds a lot, but it isn't really if you consider 4 of them have been going off for England on a consistent basis (1 fast bowler, 1 allrounder, 1 keepet and 1 opening bat). Their departure leaves me with only 3 real talented, young batsmen, with 2 getting quite old, and 1 who is young and still improving. He even got picked for England, but hasn't played for them yet. I have an ageing keeper and a young one who, frankly, sucks. Then there is the 31 year old Legspinning allrounder who has been carrying my side with bat and ball, as he's done an excellent job as a make-shift opener who just has to stonewall all the time, and his bowling is at its peak. But he's been struggling for form this season, and as a reason has sucked in ODs and T20s. Then there is my bowling attack, which is carried by my ageing, genius legspinner, who will take 5/20 one day and 0/80 in 20 overs the other. Both him and the allrounder have never played for England, and have great careers, but I'm afraid both will have to be replaced soon. The remaining bowlers include a young leggie and a young fast bowler, both who average in the 20s in OD cricket, but well over 40 in FC. I believe that's a result of having been tossed into the deep a few seasons too soon. And there are 2, very promising, young quicks making their debut this season. And while they've done okay, they are quite clearly not ready for this level. My bowling sucks so bad, my second best bowler this season, excluding the England players, is a batsman who bowls part-time spin! Add to that some untimely injuries, and it is a miracle we aren't at the bottom of the table. We've actually won the T20 championship, are third in the OD comp, and 5th in FC. In the next few seasons I'll really need a lot of good, young talent. I've got to replace the ageing players, and need some quality, established players to carry the side as the current lot are either too young or too old, and generally very inconsistent.

Boy I love this game.

Users who are viewing this thread