How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Really starting to get my SL game up and running here. Was proud to dominate India like I did. Whitewash in the ODIs. This is just from our story in the forum

WhiteWashIndia.jpg

I'm struggling horribly with Yorkshire on ICC08 at the moment. My bowlers just cant seem to get it together. Currently in our 2nd season after a moderate first season in which we went nowhere close to winning anything nor close to finishing bottom.

The main issue seems to be the bowling where in first class matches we can't bowl teams out and in one dayers each of the bowlers regularly go for 6-7 an over. My bowlers FC averages for the season are as follows with only a couple of matches left to play

G. Coles (youth, RMF): 9 wickets @ 85.33
A. Clarke (youth, LS): 14 wickets @ 44.07
L. Koukoudakis (RFM): 18 wickets @ 58.22
A. Shahzad (RMF): 40 wickets @ 46.22
S. Patterson (RMF): 8 wickets @ 77.37
M. Lawson (LS): 20 wickets @ 42.65
M. Hoggard (RFM) 5 wickets @ 72.60 (to be fair he's only played 2 matches due to England duty)
O. Hannon-Dably 15 wickets @ 34.60
C. White (Aus, LS) 23 wickets @ 21.57
A. Rashid (LS) 25 wickets @ 34.16

So it's easy to see where the problem lies. Any suggestions?

Currently looking like going down to the 2nd Division having only 1 win all season

Apart from Hoggard your seamers are of the greatest quality so if I were you I set your wicket to a spinners one and play two seamers with three spinners and bowling at the opposite of the bastmens preferences.

In the end I went down despite a stunning final performance where we destroyed also relegated Sussex by and innings and 62 runs with by far our best bowling performance of the season.

The match was played on a spinners pitch and for only the 2nd time all season I had my top bowlers all available, as for most of the season Rashid, Hoggard and international player Cameron White were all away with the national teams. White was sensational taking 9 wickets for the match at an average of just 8, a performance which had me considering bringing him back for next season.

In the close season it was obvious I neededtoimprove my bowling attack as the batting would have no problems handling D2. Other than my England players the rest of the bowling attack was horrible and a number of them were not given new contracts. Into the attack came S. Broad, the perfect signing, a quality seam bowler who wouldn't necessarily be regularly away with England and D. Steyn of South Africa along with all rounder M. Flowers as back up and to improve our depth as our squad was just 17 players.

I went with Steyn as my international player over bringing back White as I feel my young spinner Clarke can do the job along with Rashid when he is available and our pace attack really lacked any bite in the previous 2 seasons.

The season has started really well in the CC, as we sit 2nd after 4 games, with 3 draws and a win although all 3 draws should have been wins but big rain delays in all 3 matches cost us. Our stars so far have been batsmen M. Carberry and youth J. Austerfield. Carberry has 523 runs @ 130.75 including a brilliant 302* while Austerfield has 2 hundreds and 2 50's already, giving him 427 runs @ 142.33

I've had so many games where the bowlers bowl so bad. It makes me rage!

88181051jv6.jpg

Carberry was a great performer, 3 Double Centuries and 8 Centuries in total. Surprised Mascarenhas took so much wickets, he was such a great all-rounder.

Carberry is an absolutely sensational batsman. I've played a few more games now and he is still averaging in the 90's for the season. He's even come into his own as a OD batsman, scoring a hundred and a couple of 50's in a disappointing Challenge Trophy campaign

Just started ICC 2007

I've only just started playing 2007 - but I am in 2046 with 2005. I win everything every year. The longer you go into the game the better the players are.

I'm able to play my older players when I can (cause I get up to 10 England callups!) so the younger players get coaching and practise in the 2nd team.

Haven't won anything in new version yet.

Just beaten South Africa 3-0 in Tests and ODIs, now in an away series in Zimbabwe. The perfect start to the tour:

It may only be a tour game but was a good performance all round.

Finished my 2024 season as Surrey

Damn :mad: Just missed the Championship Title by 6 points:noway Now when I look back there was this CC game against Derby's....wherein I couldnt get the last 2 wkts as the tail batted out for 40 mins and I had to settle for a draw...If I had won that.....:noway

j5d1eg.jpg

In my Bangladesh game I lost the test series against Australia 2-0, and the One Day series against Australia 2-1 but just drew the Test series with India 1-1 :)

In the one day series, I got smashed in the first game then won the second by 6 runs when I defended 5/196. I lost the 3rd one after batting first and scoring 3-301. I lost it on the last ball :( The thing was, Hayden and Punter got ducks in the match I won, and they both scored 108 in the match I lost.

Lost the first Test against India by an innings, then won the second match by 1 wicket after I bowled India out for 214 after them being 1-142 at one stage in the second innings. :)

Finally got the game and it is AWESOME!!!!!!

Well I finally bought ICC 08 this afternoon, and have been playing it solidly since 6 this evening. Must say has been brilliant. Am currently doing an International Season with England.

I beat NZ 2-1 in the Test and then 3-2 in the ODI's. Anderson was awesome for me taking tons of wickets and also making a half-century. Oram though thwarted me so many times, him and McCulum put 400 on in the final test :S

I am now in the Test Series against South Africa. That first match was awesome. It was level pegging after the fist innings. In the second innings I went from 234-1, to 260 All Out. South Africa were needed 40 runs with 30 minutes to go. Then it was 10 runs with 10 minutes to go. Then the rain came and saved me :p In the second match I totally thrashed them with Cook making centuries in both innings, and Shah and Strauss also making me big knocks. However, in the third match, I was playing for the draw when Monty got bowled in the last over on Day 5 to let South Afica sneak a victory :crying

My current Test team is, Cook, Strauss, Shah, KP, Bopara, Prior, Flintoff, Broad, Anderson, Sidebottom, Monty.

I think I might replace Bopara with Collinwood as he is just not performing.

My ODI side is, Strauss, Bopara, Shah, KP, Colly, Prior, Flintoff, Broad, Swann, Napier, Sidebottom.

Anderson was surprisingly crap in ODI's so I quickly dropped him. Bopara was a masive success opening and made 122, and 85 in the two matches where he opened.

Awesome game, it is like Battrick with graphics, I am loving it!!!! Might even do a story on it :D

Yea it quickly gained the knack of crippling my education

It sure is Tom, now that they have got rid of small bugs here and there and really improved the match engine especially in ODI's its a bloody brilliant game. Plus the future unlike previous games is quite realistic, in the fact that in older versions you'd get batsmen who'd average 80 and bowlers who averaged 10 which made it highly unrealistic.

Good to see you enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread