How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Just had an epic ODI against Australia. They scored 255/3 on an average pitch, which doesn't really leave anything for either batsmen or bowlers. After 32 overs they had me at 139/7 with Harvey(regen bat) and Anderson at the crease. These two then put on 115 together but the strange thing is, Anderson put on only 11 of that 115! Thanks to a six from Harvey at the end, we won the match by 2 wickets, with 1 ball left to spare. 143* off 136 balls after batting with the tail and keeping the strike, whilst batting very quickly was just an awesome performance from the 26 year old. I still have to play Bangladesh twice and with the table looking like this, in the tri series, then I'm through:

1. England P4 PTS7
2. Australia P5 PTS5
3. Bangladesh P3 PTS0

Bangladesh have to beat Australia and myself twice to come second in the group. Since becoming coach of England I have mastermined a 5-0(Test) and 3-1(ODI) win at home against West Indies and smashed Australia in the Ashes 5-0. A regen called Adam Biley has been brilliant for England this year, averaging 60 in Tests(12 matches) and 66 in ODIs(12 matches). He's only 22 but already on 79,500 salaray. England have some seriously brilliant regen batsmen already. 4 of the 6 batsmen in the last match against Australia were regens and I have many in the wings, waiting to come in. It's great to be coach of England at a time like this.

ICC 05. Both my overseas are batsmen, one ageing and and brilliant Indian who never played for India, and a 21 year old Aussie who inconsistent, but my best batsman. Don't want an overseas bowler as it would weaken the batting.

Last edited:
I'm in 2025 now and I'm in a horrible postion after Flintoff and Anderson retired a few years ago,A regen called Peter Stock who was a brilliant legspin allrounder(he averaged 42 with the bat in first class,51 with the bat in OD,27 with the ball in FC and just 20 with the ball in OD.) who retired at the age of 30!
I also had a brilliant OD fast bowler called Henry Pheonix.(He averaged just 18 in 201 OD matches,though he only averaged 39 in 21 FC matches!)

Strauss retired on me when he was becoming a good opener and finally finding some sort of consistancy.
And now I have a bunch of useless regens,I'm in D2 in FC and OD,I rarely get past the 1st round in challenge trophy!I haven't won a title since 2021!

Yea,I know.
I always get bored at this stage in a career because I'm not going to be able to rebuild the team until 2030 or something like that.
I've only gone on once before.

Jaz, your team sounds great. Ahmed is awesome, he has been destroying me in my Zimbabwe game. Good to see Phil Jaques doing good for you! 06 is the best format of the game, but it won't work on my new computer which sucks.

Jaz, your team sounds great. Ahmed is awesome, he has been destroying me in my Zimbabwe game. Good to see Phil Jaques doing good for you! 06 is the best format of the game, but it won't work on my new computer which sucks.

Yeah it is rather good. Phil Jaques is a proper legend on ICC06, he really is a quality player for domestic teams and for Australia. Agree with you on 06 being the best format of the game, it's my favourite of the series. Why won't it work on your new computer?

Well, I didn't actually try it because my dad said not to worry as we don't think it'll go on the vista. Do you have Vista?

It's basically the same. It's not a lot different. Both were out the same year and the first ones with 3d gfx.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread