How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I'm actually confused by the question..

The current understanding is you cannot play the 'career mode' match type in anything but a career mode game. If you are playing an quick-type match, a single match or test, or making a non-career tournament/tour, you will be controlling the whole team. You should be able to simulate sections of the game to 'appear' to only bat or bowl with a particular player.

The 'Pro' camera mode is available in all forms of gameplay.

You should be able to simulate sections of the game to 'appear' to only bat or bowl with a particular player.
Problem is you'd need to simulate over by over and check if you'd been put on to bowl, or simulate between every wicket waiting for your player to come up - and you'd still probably end up batting as someone else half the time.

FIFA for example lets you be a single player on the field in any mode (though also let you play as the whole team in career mode).

It's something that I can't see why they couldn't do it - all the things are there to let you do so, but whether they have done it in the released game is another matter.

Main problem is that it's not possible to show a lot of this until the game is out.

I'd imagine that perhaps @twistie3 or @BGLMedia who have stuff for recording consoles could probably put up some how to videos shortly after release. I was planning to put a 'what you need to know' kind of post up on the front page of the site on release day with all that kind of info on it.

Yeah, I will definitely be having stuff up as soon as possible. I'll try make as many videos as possible in between uni work.

Yeah, I will definitely be having stuff up as soon as possible. I'll try make as many videos as possible in between uni work.

Might be good to get some good videos in early to grab those youtube views!

The first couple of videos will be on /r/cricket, facebook, IVG, ect. for sure!

Problem is you'd need to simulate over by over and check if you'd been put on to bowl, or simulate between every wicket waiting for your player to come up - and you'd still probably end up batting as someone else half the time.

FIFA for example lets you be a single player on the field in any mode (though also let you play as the whole team in career mode).

It's something that I can't see why they couldn't do it - all the things are there to let you do so, but whether they have done it in the released game is another matter.

It ain't in the game. It would be a cool feature, and possibly patchable, but it isn't in the released version.

This problem can be overcome using a simulation option of "Simulate the game till your chosen player is involved". For batting, the game will bring you back when your chosen player strides into the middle and for bowling same would be the case when your player starts a spell.

This problem can be overcome using a simulation option of "Simulate the game till your chosen player is involved". For batting, the game will bring you back when your chosen player strides into the middle and for bowling same would be the case when your player starts a spell.
Which is what is there in the career mode - but assuming that option wasn't there in normal matches, you would have a hard time making an equivalent with the other simming options.

Which is what is there in the career mode - but assuming that option wasn't there in normal matches, you would have a hard time making an equivalent with the other simming options.

I am assuming if you are allowing the ability to users for playing with a specific player, you will need to have that simulation option for all the game modes. If the said simming option is not present in a game mode, I doubt "play with a selected player" option will be available for the game mode.

For batting you'd still be controlling two players though, unless you press this suggested button every time you got off strike.

For batting you'd still be controlling two players though, unless you press this suggested button every time you got off strike.

Nope. I would use what we saw in career mode videos... when you are on the non-striker end you are in the spectator mode and view the game from non-striker's end, and resume batting when you get on strike.

Nope. I would use what we saw in career mode videos... when you are on the non-striker end you are in the spectator mode and view the game from non-striker's end, and resume batting when you get on strike.

Okay sure, but that requires implementing additional functionality than just a "skip" button.

I guess it's possible they saved that to make career mode more "special"? As in the only way to play controlling a single character?

Especially when you consider how keen they have been to moderate expectations regarding career mode they may* not have the most sophisticated regens or career movement in the game so they try to avoid career just being a time-defined "single character" mode with stats tracking

Okay sure, but that requires implementing additional functionality than just a "skip" button.

That functionality already exists in career mode based on the videos we saw from world premiere playsession videos.

When you play in the career mode and you are in the middle, you take control of the batsman when you are at striker's end. Else you spectate from non-striker's end.

The issue isn't one of simulation but rather a method of selecting the single character you wish to control outside of a career-mode game

The issue isn't one of simulation but rather a method of selecting the single character you wish to control outside of a career-mode game

That can be achieved as an initial selection when you start a game. It should ask you what sort of match you want to play. An option should be "Exhibition career player mode" and then the game should prompt you to select the player you want to play as. After that it's a simple case of extending the career mode functionality in the exhibition gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread