How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
With the game's release so imminent I just made myself in readiness. I was very surprised with the resemblance I managed to achieve. In fact I'd go as far to say that it is very close EA's Gameface (even if it does take a bit more effort). Usually I can't get in game character creators to look anything like me. Great effort Big Ant!

Although if I did have one criticism is that when I put a helmet or hat on it looks comically too big for me. I'm not sure if that's just in the Cricket Academy or if it will translate into the game.

All paths lead to the IPL. Even though the Big Bash teams are included in the game they don't seem to have been included as part of the career mode, it appeared (at the World Premiere) to be such that you make it to the IPL regardless of where you start - it's not treated as a 'domestic' tournament.

Yep, agreed. I was responding to @ChinamanSpin's comment because I thought he mixed up Indian Domestic with IPL (or considered them the same?) :)

If we start our carrer mode once we get selected in the national team ..... Will we have the tournments like world cup,champions trophy etc to play??

Will you be able to play as an Australian State Side, Big Bash, IPL and county matches?

Yes.

----------

If we start our carrer mode once we get selected in the national team ..... Will we have the tournments like world cup,champions trophy etc to play??

You will have tours and the like. Whether there will be equivalent tournaments for the World Cup, Champions Trophy, T20 World Cup etc is yet to be seen.

Quick question regarding career mode ... if its been answered sorry, please point me in the right direction for the answer

Obviously the aim is to be as good as possible and play Test cricket but what if you aren't that good, will it just continue with you playing just county cricket or is it programmed for you to always succeed and play Tests?

Thanks

Does anyone know how far in depth the customisation for the career mode is? As in can i change the amount of 'levels' before I make the test team. For example can i make it so you play for Auckland then play for NZ and in another career i start in a twilight cricket team, move to club then Auckland then IPL and NZ?

Hope that makes sense..

I don't think this had been answered, if it had I missed it but...If I play in England with Irish nationality will I get selected for Ireland? Essentialy, are associate fixtures built into the career?

Yes I believe Ireland will be what you will play for internationally

but wait a minute, Didnt Ed Joyce play a test for England!! LOL What a Joke that counrtys cricket side is, I cant wait to smash them on DBC14!!

You'd have to be very blind and arrogant Pom and possibly have an IQ less than 7 to not think that the English team is a joke. Their probably going to win the T20 world cup now I've said that :eek:

Has anybody set up some sort of guide as to how to edit the teams and the players in them? As the game comes out, a lot of people are going to ask the same questions. Can someone set up some guide as to how to edit and replace the players? Also how to setup up career mode if I want to start my career in domestic leagues other than England/Australia?

I am just thinking that nobody is going to read through 100's of posts to get the info they need and will just post the same question someone else did. If there is a way to put all the information in one place and just point people there it would be much easier. This can even be a work in progress and can be updated as more information comes along. The point is that you will be able to find answers easily.

Someone might have already done this, if they have the just point me in that direction.

Users who are viewing this thread