How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Just so you don't get confused; the Malingas and the Sangas in my IPL teams are from blocker's international teams (therefore created by him or anyone else), I would not bother recreating players that have already been modellized, and beautifully with that. And just like it's been said, I have punctually swapped likenesses with online creations that were more appealing to me (just like anyone should do). All of my creation work came down to creating the players that did not exist yet (mostly domestic Indian players) and making sure everyone got AT LEAST stats and skills correct. I did not put too much attention into the likenesses (although I did get familiar and quick with the player Creator) because the players I had to create are for the immense majority, guys I would not be able to recognize (and because there were so many of them!!)

All in all: the order that was suggested for downloading the teams is, imo, the best, and nothing replaces checking out on a player-by-player basis if you do not want to miss out on amazingly accurate likenesses.

----------

Is Sanga playing IPL this year anyway? :facepalm

Blocker, in one of your previous posts you had mentioned that one should download all teams as per liking, edit them as required and re-upload them. Then we could download these teams when the final game is launched.

However, if I do this, these teams would not update if and when the original team creator updates his team right?

@chandrakif didn't know you were on PC. Want to really thank you for all your effort on the 27 Ranji teams. :thumbs:thumbs

Blocker, in one of your previous posts you had mentioned that one should download all teams as per liking, edit them as required and re-upload them. Then we could download these teams when the final game is launched.

However, if I do this, these teams would not update if and when the original team creator updates his team right?

@chandrakif didn't know you were on PC. Want to really thank you for all your effort on the 27 Ranji teams. :thumbs:thumbs

That is a very good point. Never tried that. Maybe someone can test it out.

@JasXI as far as I know you would be able to get updates of the individual players, but you wouldn't want the team to update because you've customised the team.

e.g. if you like my england, just download my england. but if you like 70% of my england, but want to switch the roster, or use a different bell/morgan/cook make the switches you want to switch, upload your own and just download when you get the game.

in that 2nd instance, you wouldn't want my updates to feed through to yours. but you could still get individual player updates.

ya you are better of updating individual players than teams cause if you have modified a few players of a team with players by other creators, when u update the team will be replaced by the updates of the original creator of the team and you have to redo the modifications you did.

I would like the "get best" option turned on in the next update if possible, it would give us an idea of what we would get, and from that as said by many on here you could then see which teams you're likely to overwrite the get best teams with.

Secondly if possible I would like to be able to somehow be able to collate all the teams into a file so we can then just download the list once the game is out. I don't know how you would go about this but maybe if the better creators(Casper, blocker, ruck, chandikaf, munkeymomo, rajvsm and israr) could perhaps create the said files, and then we could simply select a "download file from user) option. That way if you have gone to the trouble of creating the file yourself you could download your own file, or if not download a file from the (respected) creators once we get the game.

----------

Also it would be a valuable feedback opportunity for bigant if the get best was enabled in the next update.

@JasXI as far as I know you would be able to get updates of the individual players, but you wouldn't want the team to update because you've customised the team.

e.g. if you like my england, just download my england. but if you like 70% of my england, but want to switch the roster, or use a different bell/morgan/cook make the switches you want to switch, upload your own and just download when you get the game.

in that 2nd instance, you wouldn't want my updates to feed through to yours. but you could still get individual player updates.

I am not really interested in editing a downloaded team (I am too lazy :D). So when I download a team, even if 1 or 2 players are not the best around I don't mind it.

In a way I am banking on you guys to keep updating your teams on the server. Hence, I think in my case the option of re-uploading teams in my name on the server would be of no use at all. Just wanted to know what you feel about it as I am slightly confused with how all this sharing and linking works. Thanks :thumbs

Okay guys I am going to ask a very weird question now. forgive me in advance. :facepalm

Can we play for both ranji teams as well as ipl teams after replacing the the english and australian teams?

I mean IPL is there for 2 months and then its domestic.. So just want to know if that's possible or not. :p

Okay guys I am going to ask a very weird question now. forgive me in advance. :facepalm

Can we play for both ranji teams as well as ipl teams after replacing the the english and australian teams?

I mean IPL is there for 2 months and then its domestic.. So just want to know if that's possible or not. :p
Don't you play in the IPL equivalent anyway?

@JasXI I'm an avid reader but not a big poster... I thought it'd be awesome to have indian teams, and posting about it here was the most natural thing to do, a way to share with all the crazy peeps on the forum, even though I may generally sound very matter of fact and cold, not indulging in the PC banter ;)

glad you like the ranji teams, I'm sure only a few fanatics will play with them. Me included :D

Australian County:BBL::Ranji Trophy:IPL
All paths lead to the IPL. Even though the Big Bash teams are included in the game they don't seem to have been included as part of the career mode, it appeared (at the World Premiere) to be such that you make it to the IPL regardless of where you start - it's not treated as a 'domestic' tournament.

Might have changed since, might be something you can modify - but out of the box the step up from State/County cricket is to go play in the IPL.

Users who are viewing this thread