How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
In career mode do we have control over the fielding or is it the decision of the captain and we have to bowl according to the field??

PS:Would be a challenge if we have to bowl to the field set by the captain...:)

who will be the first to post the awesome details of Career mode, whichever one of you luck pricks have this game, get it posted!!

In career mode do we have control over the fielding or is it the decision of the captain and we have to bowl according to the field??

PS:Would be a challenge if we have to bowl to the field set by the captain...:)
If you're the bowler you get to choose, if you're not, you don't. You only get full control when you're captain.

I'm surprised this thread isn't flooded to be honest

So when Thursday night roles around and I want to jump into some career mode is there a recommendation on what I should do?

So when Thursday night roles around and I want to jump into some career mode is there a recommendation on what I should do?

Have you been keeping up with the events going down in the first impressions thread?

Had an incredibly tough time keeping up on the phone, heard a lot of explanations and the consensus seems to just avoid it for now?

Pretty much. Or make a shitty little player who you could not give two-fifths of a shit about just to test career mode out. That's my plan anyway :p

Had an incredibly tough time keeping up on the phone, heard a lot of explanations and the consensus seems to just avoid it for now?

Yep. If you want to test career mode out I'd do it without linking the players. Otherwise you'll have correctly named players but, for example, the tailenders may have batsman-like attributes and score centuries :P That happens at some point in this video:

Besides, I think it's best to play all aspects of the game before narrowing in on one in career mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
@HBK619 - Stats earned in career mode don't count to the earned stats outside of the career mode do they? For example, with the career mode bug, Jason Behrendorff ends up a world-class batsman, and knocks his first class batting average up to 50, those games he played won't count towards his earned stats and therefore be present in other game modes will they?

@HBK619 - Stats earned in career mode don't count to the earned stats outside of the career mode do they? For example, with the career mode bug, Jason Behrendorff ends up a world-class batsman, and knocks his first class batting average up to 50, those games he played won't count towards his earned stats and therefore be present in other game modes will they?

Je ne pense pas.

Users who are viewing this thread